Cloud Tech Lead
Cloud Tech Lead
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802421
- Closing Date: 04 January 2021
As the Cloud Tech Lead, you’ll Act as the deputy to the Head of Cloud Technology through providing thought leadership for engineering practices and technical direction for the Cloud CoE. You will take on a frontline role building, influencing and leading the cloud journey Nationwide is on. Your technical leadership during design, build, test and deployment will help us develop and support a platform that enables millions of Nationwide members every day. That platform uses the most up-to-date technologies to deliver real change
What you’ll be doing
You will be capable of understanding the bigger picture and you’ll be able to familiarise yourself with complex systems at any stage of their development lifecycle. Working in collaboration with software engineers and other members of the project team, you will play a pivotal role in defining measures of reliability for services, as well as providing support to help teams achieve and maintain reliability.Harnessing your experience, you’ll take on a frontline role.
This will entail technical leadership of multiple scrum teams during the design, build, test and support a platform that supports millions of Nationwide members every day, and working with the most up-to-date technologies to deliver real change.You’ll thrive bringing along stakeholders who are new to agile ways of working and designing cloud native applications from across the Nationwide estate as we expand the member facing and supporting applications onboarding to the platform.
You need to be able to demonstrate the following core capabilities:
- Experience and professional certification in either AWS or Azure.
- Define, outline and communicate the technical vision for team to follow and deliver.
- Implementing Cloud Best practices, and guiding teams on the direction to follow.
- Successful stakeholder management of peers, and leaders.
- Hands-on ability to build PoCs for new ideas, and technologies.
- Core AWS and Azure services from architecture & design through to Production.
- Cloud Migration Strategy and Multi-Cloud implementation.
- Creating Solution Architectures, and navigating governance for solutions.
- Delivering middleware and cloud-native solutions on AWS or Azure.
- Technical development and mentoring of junior engineers.
Act as the deputy to the Head of Cloud Technology through providing :
- Thought leadership for engineering practices and technical direction for the Cloud CoE
- Aligning the engineering vision with that of Architecture
- Create technical points of view to steer technology decisions within the CCoE
- Manage relevant stakeholder discussions on technology decisions at the organizational level and represent perspective of engineering teams
- Bridging the technical divide between the Feature Teams and Architecture
- Co-ordinating dependencies and steering technology decisions across various Technical Workstreams and Feature Teams
- Enabling the adoption of new technologies and approaches in a safe, speedy manner
- Facilitating conflict between people in Feature Teams, and across Feature Teams
- Provide Advice and Guidance to Consumers to assist them with maximising their use of the Cloud CoE offerings
- Structured technical problem solving, driving technical decisions across various Feature Teams
- Represent Cloud CoE Engineering in various governance forums
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday
- London location allowance - £4,687 per annum
- Car Allowance
- Health Plan
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application