Risk & Control Manager - Control Testing
Risk & Control Manager - Control Testing
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802424
- Closing Date: 06 December 2020
As a Manager in the Risk & Control team you'll be a member of a team of skilled control testers, testing the design and operational effectiveness of controls across the Society, with a particular focus in the technology space, including Security, IT Operations, Architecture and Change.
You will be responsible for ensuring the testing plan is executed to the highest standards, as well as working with the business to ensure remediation activities are successfully completed.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
To support this, our Control Testing team is currently looking for ambitious, energetic and experienced control testers with a background in large technology environments, including Security, IT Operations / Architecture / Change, particularly in the Financial Services sector.
As part of the Risk & Controls function, the Controls Testing team is critical to ensuring the design and operational effectiveness of controls are regularly assessed, ensuring they are robust enough to safely and reliably deliver the services our Members expect.
Due to COVID-19 the way we are operating as an organisation is changing. As we try to navigate the varying and unprecedented landscape we are continuing to work on how and where our teams work during this time. As a result, we are flexible on location, and whilst this role will involve working remotely to begin with, as things begin to adapt further there will be occasional travel to Swindon and/or London.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll have a solid understanding of control frameworks, testing methodologies and remediation planning, supported by strong planning and co-ordination skills in order to:
- Test controls against standards that drive good risk management practice and ensure consistency across the first line risk functions
- Plan and deliver a controls testing programme across the COO, reporting on the design and effectiveness of controls and working with the business to remediate issues and strengthen the control environment
- Exploit new technologies to improve efficiency of controls testing
- Provide constructive challenge to ensure the right outcomes for our members.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- Significant relevant professional experience, or a relevant degree and/or qualification
- Experience of testing controls across large technology environments, including Security, IT Operations / Architecture / Change
- Experience in risk management, risk identification, controls assessment and management
- Strong Audit, Controls, Risk or Compliance background with an in-depth understanding of testing or audit methodology and risk & control analysis
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels.
It's not essential but it would be nice if you:
- Experience in undertaking third party testing across a range of risk domains
- Well-developed coaching and mentoring skills and experience in line/team management and performance managementt
- Ability to utilise a breadth of knowledge from across the wider technology and digital professions, strengthening the effective delivery of service
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.