- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802454
- Closing Date: 27 November 2020
We need an experienced engineer to work on our large-scale Microsoft Systems Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) & Microsoft Endpoint Manager environments. You’ll be part of a team responsible for building new monitoring solutions and package deployments, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the business.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need a skilled Senior Engineer to work within our Member Team in Swindon.
What you’ll be doing
Working across Nationwide’s varied technical estate, as a Systems Centre Engineer you’ll be responsible for designing, building and supporting technical solutions in accordance to requirements of the business. Your knowledge of Microsoft Systems Centre will be key to helping others develop, whilst you also learn about new technologies such as AppDynamics and Ansible.
We need somebody with the following:
• Experience of administering, building and supporting technical solutions within Microsoft Systems Centre Operations Manager (SCOM)
• Experience of administering, building and supporting deployments within Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
• Ability to create custom scripts within common languages such as PowerShell
• Strong understanding of the development lifecycle and experience of working under Agile and DevOps methodologies
• Comfortable with peer reviews
• The ability to quickly learn and work with new tools
• Drive to continuously innovate and improve
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including status reporting
• Technical leadership and consultancy to senior stakeholders
• Drive to continuously innovate and improve
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of many kinds of different people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
• Your values, and what makes you who you are
• How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
• London location allowance - £4,687 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.