Cloud Op Model Lead
Cloud Op Model Lead
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802467
- Closing Date: 27 November 2020
We are looking for experienced Cloud Op Model Lead as part of our Business Design team to help us shape, lead and deliver the next evolution of our Cloud Centre of Excellence operating model. You will be leveraging industry insight on the different approaches organisations are taking to Cloud and paving the way for how we operationalise our ambitious Technology Strategy.
What you’ll be doing
You will have extensive experience of working within a business analysis, architecture or solution design role, on complex, cross functional change initiatives with the ability to lead large teams of people, preferably within financial services.
As we adopt more DevOps and Agile ways of working it’s important that you’re comfortable dealing with ambiguity and can adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment.
You will work with business experts to understand and bring to life complex business needs, working collaboratively with colleagues across all disciplines to translate requirements and needs into business solutions, propositions and operational designs, then work with your broader CoE colleagues to see them through to realisation.
You’ll have the confidence to use a number of proven architecture and analysis techniques and methodologies to challenge appropriately and seek solutions to complex problems. You will also need a thirst for trialling new techniques as we embrace more iterative design methodologies and respond to the ever-changing needs of our members and colleagues.
• Proven leadership experience of leading teams across small or large-scale change initiatives
• Deep understanding of DevOps, Agile and SAFe frameworks
• Experience of designing and delivering Operating Models
• Strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills
• Strong stakeholder management
• Experience of leading and managing business analysts/business architects within a project or programme
• Experience of coaching and mentoring others
• Deep knowledge and understanding in many analysis and solution techniques, tools and methods and the ability to apply structured analysis expertise on assigned projects
• Experience of working with and understanding of working with multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources including 3rd party suppliers, remote staff and contractors
• End to end project lifecycle experience, from initial needs identification through design, traceability, test and go-live
It would be nice if you also had experience working in the Cloud environment and the associated Operating Model.
The extras you’ll get
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4656
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.%MCEPASTEBIN%
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application