Privileged Access Management Engineer (Consultant)
Privileged Access Management Engineer (Consultant)
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802484
- Closing Date: 04 December 2020
This role is an exciting opportunity to have real input on the development of an ambitious Privileged Access Management team. Working in our PAM team, the Engineer will be a major part of day to day tasks involved in running a successful PAM function across the organisation. It will also be instrumental in driving improvements to improve control and reduce risk.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Protecting our members data and finances is at the heart of what we do. We provide and operate controls which ensure that privileged access to our most critical systems is restricted only to those with genuine need and approval, thus protecting our members data from misuse.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you'll help set the agenda and the direction of travel on our PAM Programme of work, using your influencing skills to ensure IT, Transformation and the Senior Leadership team buy in to our objectives.
You’ll also put your Privileged Access Management knowledge to good use, providing consultancy to change initiatives and colleagues across the Business to ensure they deliver in adherence to the Standard. We work in an area that is audited regularly, so naturally you’ll assist in the provision of evidence for these audits as well as helping to remediate any gaps and close down audit findings.
In addition, you’ll be on a rota to provide out of hours support to the Business, ensuring any issues relating to Privileged Access Management are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Experience of Information Security, and a solid IT background.
- Detailed knowledge of the Access Control and Privileged Access Management domains, including the Tools, Techniques and Procedures used.
- An aptitude and interest for future innovations & technologies as well a willingness to continually learn and nurture those around you.
- Experience in creating detailed work breakdown structure for PAM implementation.
- Ability to work with multiple stake holders from Security, Operations, Application Owners and Service Providers on deployment activities and enhancing the PAM solution.
- Clear understanding of Operating systems, Database concepts and others potential targets or endpoints for a typical PAM Solution.
- Experience in defining PAM processes and role definition with knowledge of native access control mechanisms.
- Understanding of access control mechanism for Operating systems and Databases and other potential target devices.
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills.
- Good understanding of larger Identity and Access Management concepts.
- Strong working understanding of the CyberArk solution set.
- Experience in people leadership is desirable.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- London location allowance
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.