Digital Insight Analyst
Digital Insight Analyst
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002900012
- Closing Date: 25 September 2019
12 month Fixed Term Contract
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide, the world’s largest Building Society…
By joining our evolving Digital Operations function as a Digital Insight Analyst, you’ll play a critical role in achieving Nationwide Digital’s objectives by analysing data and telling compelling stories interwoven with actionable insight that really captures the attention, creates excitement and drives action.
We’re on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our multi-channel digital service, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions to grow our digital active user base, develop our Open Banking channel and revitalise our Branch network on the High Street - all designed to give choice to our members and meet their needs today and tomorrow.
So here at Nationwide Digital, our team of 1600 is growing – both the scale of our team and the breadth of their scope we’ve never seen! And we’re building our Digital community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience.
We’ll achieve this through our people and that’s where you come in...
Who we're looking for
We’ll need you to have a proven track record of analysis and insight skills, ideally with experience gained in a multi-channel, large scale consumer retail organisation. Your experience will cover performance reporting experience, including report design and build. You’ll be adept at synthesizing information from a variety of sources and translating metrics into actionable recommendations to improve performance. And you’ll be highly proficient in interpreting data and extrapolating trends, particularly in a Mobile & Digital environment, with specific knowledge of digital objectives (service/sales etc), web site metrics and usability.
What you'll be doing
• Analysing data and delivering actionable insight and recommendations, including proactively identifying and tracking trends in metrics and deep diving into areas of concern/opportunity. Communicating results of analysis to stakeholders; highlighting issues and making recommendations to drive performance improvements. Tracking the impact of recommendations accepted and implemented and demonstrating value generated.
• Acting as a Power User for our analytical systems, providing expert guidance and support to business users on how to best exploit the reporting and self-service aspects of insight tools; for example, how to use the functionality, interpret results and set up / change reports and dashboards
• Raising questions and requests from business users to third party suppliers of insight capabilities; acting as a gateway between Nationwide business users and the third parties.
• Carrying out system administration, including new user creation and access for insight tools (e.g. Decebel). Monitoring the performance of the third party systems / services against agreed SLAs and ensuring that any issues are escalated promptly and resolved.
• Ensuring the implementation of insight tools meets business requirements for accurately tracking key metrics and KPIs. Working with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers to maintain the accuracy and integrity of data sources.
• Staying abreast of latest developments in sourcing insight and the opportunities these present to Nationwide. Looking to new tools, approaches and data to answer questions beyond what the current toolset alone can do.
• Development, production and distribution of collateral, packs and senior management dashboards on request e.g. digital funnel analysis
• Running of key meetings that facilitate the discussion on Community performance using own in-depth knowledge of performance and insight to support action e.g. Digital Sales Meetings with Product Owners and teams from other Communities.
• Deliver deep understanding and insight into community operations and member journeys to boost the performance of the Digital community
• Automate where possible, and suggest alternative uses of toolsets to help drive this
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (with the ability to buy ‘extra’)
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
As the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do, we aim to do the right thing for our members and build society in the right way but we need talented people who share what we believe in.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
So, help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you, providing great career opportunities, development and work life balance!
Interested? We’d love to hear from you…