Delivery Value Manager
Delivery Value Manager
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002900019
- Closing Date: 22 October 2019
Delivery Value Manager
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £30,000 - £44,000 depending on experience plus lots of extra benefits
Location: Flexible (with regular travel to our head offices in Swindon)
Right now, we have an opportunity for a Delivery Value Manager to join our central Operations team at a time when we're embarking on an ambitious journey. Our new ways of working will allow our team to be relevant and most importantly add value to our business. This exciting role plays a big part working alongside our community to drive insight, best practice and continuous improvements.
So there's never been a better time to join us and develop your career...
We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
We're investing heavily in transforming our systems and our ways of working to drive pace and agility in how we deliver alongside empowering our people to deliver through their skills and experience.
And that's where you come in...
Who we're looking for
You'll have experience working in an operational area and really want to make a difference in a fast-paced changing environment. You'll be naturally inquisitive and comfortable with ambiguity, adding value to existing processes, assurance frameworks and controls. You're a good team player but can also work independently. You have an eye for detail and can join up data and information to provide insight and recommendations that gains trust and influences good outcomes.
You’ll also have:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain decisions confidently and clearly
· Experience of working across multiple communities
· Good business acumen and some knowledge of Nationwide / Financial Services
· Developing negotiating, networking and influencing skills
· Awareness of society strategy / team outcomes and relative aspects to support team
· Ability to grasp complex issues quickly
· Ability to prioritise workload
· Understanding of change control standards and guardrails
· Experience in resource and supplier management
· Developing subject matter knowledge and expertise on delivery management
What you'll be doing
• Working with the Risk Community to run an effective operational and conduct risk management process and implement mechanisms (such as risk management plans) to ensure that teams adhere to prescribed standards and within required guardrails
• Undertaking Quality Assurance reviews, identifying issues related to the health of the community and providing insight/recommendations to ensure that actions are put in place to remedy and ensure these are tracked to completion
• Supporting with the creation of a framework to drive the Quarterly Review (QR) process, consolidating inputs from across team to ensure performance is aligned to Strategic Outcomes and that the required investment can be secured
• Analysing Management Information to identify trends across the change initiative squad and scenario planning for future initiatives
• Create, maintain, use and adopt change methodologies including traditional methods, Agile methods, Adaptive Change Framework (ACF), Waterfall, set-up-to-succeed etc
The extras you'll get
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Flexible working - We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our members first and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it - people who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you...