- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002900030
- Closing Date: 12 December 2019
- Delivery Lead in Swindon until April 2020 then based in London
- Digital Squad
There’s never been a better time to join us…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? One in five people in the UK are our members and last year more people opened a current account with the Society than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re different. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different!
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members and Building Society...
With our ‘Big Investment’, we’re focused on driving change that’s delivered ‘at pace’, is future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives.
And we’ll do this through our people, building our Society with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
The Delivery Lead lead a team of experts within the change team to most effectively deliver the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). The Delivery Lead will champion a culture of accountable freedom and excellence, fully supporting the team.
The Delivery Lead will be accountable for the delivery of strategically aligned OKRs at maximum return on investment and pace. The Delivery Lead will be empowered to balance the desired outcomes in the form of a roadmap, delivery priorities and capacity/cost.
Who we're looking for
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Sound understanding, and experience of change management, readiness and transformation of large change initiatives.
- Experience of working within defined community-based objectives to deliver IT change and readiness.
- Awareness of society strategy and relative aspects to develop delivery plans.
- Strongly understood, developed and articulated emotional sense of self and the ability to flexibly manage the impact of this both on self and others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to nurture and lead a high performing team leveraging individual styles and preferences.
- Experience in leading teams and making decisions through periods of ambiguity.
- Experience of setting a compelling vision and communicating that to stakeholders at all levels.
- Robust understanding of different change delivery methodologies.
- Strong influencing skills to manage challenges and maintain relationships at an executive level.
- Excellent relationship management and stakeholder management skills.
- A successful track record of converting an organisational strategy into delivery plans.
- Experience of leading teams, ranging from 25 to 100 FTE.
What you'll be doing
- Create the high-level change team outcomes aligned to the organisation strategy with the Accountable Executive and Change Leaders (typically Chief Product Owner, Technology Lead and more senior Delivery Lead).
- Create delivery plan(s) that maximise return on investment and pace of delivery to underpin the change team desired outcomes in the form of a roadmap.
- Proactively engage with Delivery Leads of other change teams, ensuring that the OKRs do not duplicate or conflict with other change teams.
- Collaborate with leadership roles from Centres of Excellence and BAU shared services to gain support of the change team outcomes, identify and resolving potential conflicts to the outcomes. Where required, intervene to resolve.
- Support creation of the Quarterly Review (QR) memo (in conjunction with Chief Product Owner, Technology Lead and more senior Delivery Lead) to track OKRs from last quarter and to set OKRs for next quarter.
- Lead smaller teams within the change team, creating an atmosphere of confidence and accountable freedom in the team to deliver the solutions that realise the OKRs. Responsible for driving a cultural shift of outcome focused on change.
- Set appropriate delivery methodologies for teams in conjunction with the Chief Product Owner, Technology Lead and more senior Delivery Lead.
- Lead on delivery related decisions to maintain pace against agreed priorities and schedule.
- Develop and maintain strategic and delivery relationship management of suppliers managing any associated confidentiality or legal sensitivities.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
As the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do, we aim to do the right thing for our members and build society in the right way, but we need talented people who share what we believe in.
So, help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you, providing great career opportunities, development and work life balance!
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.