- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002900053
- Closing Date: 24 January 2020
• Business Designer in Swindon.
• Digital Squad.
There’s never been a better time to join us…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? One in five people in the UK are our members and last year more people opened a current account with the Society than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re different. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different!
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members and Building Society...
With our ‘Big Investment’, we’re focused on driving change that’s delivered ‘at pace’, is future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives.
And we’ll do this through our people, building our Society with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
This role is responsible for the delivery of the Business Design elements of change delivery within our Digital change community. You will be working closely with Product Owners and Delivery leads to shape, design and deliver business solutions that align to the change teams Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
This role will assist with the sequencing of activity to define the Change team roadmap and translating OKRs and outcome priorities into target states for delivery; along with designing the business solution for the Change team through a sound analysis and solution approach balancing the requirements of strategic direction, cost constraints, timescales and the change team outcomes.
Who we're looking for
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Extensive experience of working within a business analysis or solution design role, on complex, cross-functional change initiatives with the ability to lead a team of people, preferably within financial services.
- Excellent insight, analytical and problem-solving skills in defining business requirements; determining solution propositions and making recommendations for resolution.
- Sound experience of defining validation and verification strategies to support the continuous assessment of achieving the business requirements.
- Detailed understanding of and ability to accommodate and blend the differing needs of multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources e.g. Third-party suppliers, remote staff and contractors.
- Strong understanding of business processes and how technology supports the business and / or proven working knowledge of technical applications and the software development lifecycle.
- Proven ability to understand and translate business needs and content into solutions, operating priorities and impacts in line with the organisation strategic outcomes.
- Familiarity with various project management methodologies, structures and working practices.
- Deep knowledge and understanding in many analysis and solution techniques, tools and methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to influence stakeholders, drive and task manage a team and communicate progress at various levels.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven experience of leading a team across small or large-scale change initiatives.
- A conceptual thinker with the ability to translate strategic outcomes into OKRs.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Professional qualification in business design, such as ISEB/BCS modules or diploma and/or relevant degree.
- Experience of Agile delivery methods
What you'll be doing
- In collaboration with the PO, accountable for developing the roadmap for typically B type change teams along with creating target states and any interim states required to meet change team outcomes and OKRs, ensuring continued alignment to the Society Strategy.
- In conjunction with the PO, accountable for the scoping, planning and defining the approach and artefacts for the change team or various change initiatives to meet outcomes and OKRs, whilst considering factors such as sourcing, cost, time and the optimum value-for-money resolution.
- Lead a team of business designers within the Change team using a range of ‘good practice’ architectural and analysis techniques to translate business content into deliverables, defining the requirements and traceability approach, identifying benefits of change and evaluating trade-offs to achieve squad outcomes.
- Represents the PO’s interests through effective influencing and collaboration with key stakeholders across squad and support services in shaping engagements and defining approaches/methods.
- Makes business design led recommendations to change leaders using internal and external knowledge providing challenge and innovative thinking aligned to the Change team and enterprise outcomes.
- Deliver explicit, quantified and testable requirements through the elicitation, documentation, validation, tracing and management of requirements maintaining solution traceability between business requirements and solution design, with the status and ownership communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Provides solution architecture and analysis assurance across the Change team along with post-implementation support to ensure that a business solution is fit-for-purpose, consistent and successfully embedded.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Car allowance worth £4656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Infrastructure Engineer – Monitoring Technologies