Digital Chief Product Owner
Digital Chief Product Owner
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002900063
- Closing Date: 25 October 2020
There’s never been a better time develop your career with Nationwide …
We pride ourselves on delivering the best service for our members, with our App scoring 4.8 stars in the Apple AppStore, and being used by members 20 million times per week. But the App is only one part of our proposition - every month we see 15.2 million visits to our website, our members make a payment or transaction on our digital services 18.3 million times each month, and innovative new propositions such as our chatbot Arti provide vital services to our members.
Whilst we have great success so far, we obsess about our members and their experience across digital channels and need to respond faster than ever. We are on a hugely exciting journey to deliver legendary service for our members across our digital estate, to create an open digital platform to accelerate progress and to become the best place to work for digital talent. This is all designed to ensure we meet our member’s needs not just for today but ensure we’re ready for their needs of tomorrow too.
We’re building our Digital Community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
In this unique opportunity, as part of the leadership team, the Digital Chief Product Owner (CPO) will be accountable for setting and delivering the Digital vision and outcomes for our investment in Digital, powering our Member Missions.
You’ll be accountable for ensuring the ongoing alignment of the Digital outcomes to the Society Strategy, balancing business outcomes against delivery priorities, capacity and cost. You’ll lead a team of experts from a wide range of disciplines to deliver objectives and key results, whilst nurturing a culture of accountable freedom and continuous improvement.
What you’ll be doing
- Create the high-level Digital outcomes aligned to the Mission strategy with the Mission leadership team.
- Provide Digital SME advice and support to the Missions by leading on design and build of the applications, propositions, platform and value streams
- Responsible for optimising and driving Digital sales and service for all Missions, supporting the Director of Digital in discharging their accountabilities under the Senior Manager Regime.
- Collaborate with Mission leadership team to gain support of the Digital outcomes. Covering multiple disciplines and varying degrees of complexity to identify and resolving potential conflicts to the outcomes.
- Lead multiple teams within the Mission, creating an atmosphere of confidence and accountable freedom in the team to deliver the solutions for both matrix and direct teams.
- Operate with a Society wide mindset to create and inspire a culture of innovation and creativity through cross functional coaching and development. Focus on driving team dynamics to build a network of transparent, digitally aligned, scalable and adaptable teams that drive proposition outcomes to achieve competitive advantage through zero based design and agility.
- Responsible for driving a cultural shift of outcomes focused on value.
- Develop and maintain strategic, commercial and operational relationships with Strategic Partners managing any associated confidentiality or legal sensitivities
- Champion change initiatives of the Single Digital Platform and other digital enabler to meet demands from all Mission
- Owning the vision and execution for service and experience design within the Mission, aligned to the standards defined by Service & Experience Design
We’ll need you to have significant knowledge of Digital products, services & technology and experience of operating with broadly defined objectives to create measurable business outcomes. It’s vital you understand Society strategy and have an awareness of the component parts to define the digital strategy to enable delivery of the Mission vision.
With a successful track record of interpreting external drivers (market conditions, competitor activity, emerging trends, consumer behaviour, Regulatory demands), you’ll align organisational strategy to translate into a product and proposition vision.
More broadly, it’s essential you have outstanding interpersonal skills, with an innate ability to nurture and support a high performing team (typically ranging from 50 to 150 FTE and including creative teams of UX/CX, engineers and agile delivery experts), leveraging individual styles and preferences and making decisions through periods of ambiguity. You’ll have experience of setting compelling vision and communicating that to stakeholders at all levels and your strong influencing skills enable you to manage challenges and maintain relationships at an executive level including NLT.
The extras you’ll get
As well as your salary, additional benefits include:
- 30 days’ holiday (on top of bank holidays)
- Exec Car/cash allowance
- Competitive pension or cash alternative
- Private healthcare for your family plus executive health screening every 2 years
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- Bonus scheme ‘Sharing in Success’
- Flexible benefits
- Support through our family friendly policies, 8 Employee Network Groups and the Community’s Physical and Mental Health First Aiders
All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members really value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we’re delighted to welcome applications for this role on a full time hours basis or on a flexible working basis.
We guarantee that applications will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and also that we’ll be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too. If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
You'll be joining a strong Executive Team based in the UK and as a Senior Executive you will help to deliver our vision to be the 1st choice for financial services.
So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.