Front End Developer
Front End Developer
- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R003000008
- Closing Date: 27 September 2019
We are a vibrant, lively team based in the heart of Clerkenwell. We are all extremely passionate about technology and we are totally committed to helping London's renters.
We're fully funded by Nationwide Building Society and we are growing rapidly with plans to double our team by the end of the year.
We’ve got a pretty impressive team on board already, so you’ll be working with some of the best within a collaborative and thriving environment
We are a hard working bunch but we make sure we're enjoying each other's company both in and outside of the office, with plenty of socials and opportunities to unwind after busy days. We are looking for a Technical Developer who has the passion and skill to work across our various product lines within our exciting business.
Who we're looking for
• Competent knowledge in React, HTML5, CSS3, Webpack, ES7
• Source control software such as Gitlab, GitHub
• GeoCoding and Mapping tools such as Google Maps, Mapbox, OpenStreetMap
• An understanding of the principles of UX design
• Ability to provide simple, easy to support technical solutions
• Experience with networking / API’s
• High level of analytical skills, turning meaningful analysis into recommended actions
Problem solving, investigative skills
What you'll be doing
We’re moving fast at MyHatch to get prototypes, concepts and apps live, so we're looking for an Front End Developer who is responsible for the creation of technical artefacts to deliver team objectives that are aligned to engineering principles and the architectural strategy.
As a developer you will be working closely with a cross-functional creative and technical team on a range of new projects using cutting-edge technologies. Strong communication skills are essential with the ability to work alongside the wider team on tight deadlines with a well organised, detailed and accurate manner. You will part of a dynamic, agile and rapidly growing environment, where your creativity and innovation is valued, delivering high quality code within a test driven environment
• Identifying and implementing technical artefacts to meet the team objectives.
• Providing technical expertise at parts and/or all stages of the delivery lifecycle
• Leading and participating in technical collaboration activities
• Enforcing standards and providing governance and contribute to process improvement
• Identifying and escalating dependencies, risks and exceptions that will affect implementation of technical artefacts
• Sharing knowledge with peers to contribute to the growth of knowledge within engineering
• Working with stakeholders to shape artefacts from the outset of a project
The extras you'll get
• A competitive salary
• Market-leading benefits package, including discounted products and services
• A ludicrously generous pension (up to 23%!)
• 24 days holiday (+ bank holidays) + the option of 10 extra days
• Access to Annual bonus scheme
• 2 days to spend supporting charit
• Flexible working
• Regular socials, including team lunches, drinks and an annual retreat somewhere lovely to detox or retox, your call!
• Your own desk plant to look after
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
MyHatch is here to empower people to find their dream home. By really getting to know what you’re looking for in your next home, we’re able to show you truly personalised property recommendations by using state of the art technology. We’re making searching for the perfect place to live so much easier for our users by offering a truly personalised search which utilises our proprietary AI based search algorithms.