Assistant Company Secretary
Assistant Company Secretary
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00151
- Closing Date: 08 March 2021
We in Secretariat think that good governance is the foundation of decision making. We are the Society’s centre of excellence for corporate governance and support our Board of Directors and our senior management to provide a comprehensive secretariat service.
What you’ll be doing
- To assist the Society Secretary and Director of Secretariat in delivering a professional service, advising on a broad range of matters to support the Board and Executive in meeting their duties, compliance obligations and objectives.
- To provide a full company secretarial service to the Society Board, Committees and subsidiary undertakings including advising on and implementing appropriate governance standards
- To ensure that best practice standards of corporate governance are consistently applied and maintained across the Society
- Professionally qualified Chartered Secretary ( ACIS or above) or equivalent qualification eg solicitor, chartered accountant or working towards such qualification within a reasonable timeframe.
- Practical knowledge and experience of company law and secretarial practice gained in an organisation of a similar size and scale to Nationwide.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to listed companies
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape in which the Society operates
- In-depth understanding of governance requirements for mutual and corporates and ability to apply the same in a pragmatic manner
- A sufficient understanding of the subject matter considered by the Board/Committees/Subsidiaries supported to ensure the production of accurate, concise and comprehensive and minutes are maintained.
- Good relationship building skills and ability to influence at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written tailored to the required audience
- Appropriate IT skills; working knowledge of Blueprint OneWorld, Diligent and standard business software including Outlook, Word and Excel
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.