Reviewer - Compliance Oversight
Reviewer - Compliance Oversight
- Location: Swindon
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00159
- Closing Date: 08 March 2021
- A Reviewer for our Compliance Oversight function
Compliance Oversight is a key part of Nationwide’s second line of defence. Alongside our Prudential and Operational risk colleagues, we are responsible for ensuring the Society delivers its strategy in a safe and controlled way, appropriately balancing risk and reward. We undertake risk-based reviews on products, projects, processes and frameworks; and act in an agile way to provide real-time challenge on high risk products and propositions to ensure that Nationwide remains compliant and delivers fair member outcomes.
What you’ll be doing
- Reporting to a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for delivering regulatory reviews to a high standard and within deadlines
- Raising and documenting control issues and tracking their resolution
- Using your communications skills to build long-lasting and effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Using your influencing and negotiating skills to achieve effective outcomes
- Supporting the team to effectively risk prioritise future reviews and identify key areas of oversight coverage for the annual plan
- Contribute to improving focus/efficiency of planned work
As a minimum you’ll need to:
- Have good knowledge of FCA and PRA regulatory handbooks and how these are applied in practice
- Have good knowledge and experience of identifying key Conduct and Compliance risks within Economic Crime OR topics such as Complaints, Collections & Recoveries, Governance, Senior Managers & Certification Regime, Culture, Third Party Management.
- Hold, or be working towards, a relevant industry-recognised compliance qualification
- Be a confident communicator both verbally and written, who is comfortable to effectively engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Have a naturally curious and inquisitive approach to work, proactively questioning the status quo where appropriate.
- Be resilient and not shy away from having difficult conversations.
- Ideally you will also:
- Have experience of working in an assurance, audit or controls testing type role.
- Have a background in financial services.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home or logging on from other offices across the UK.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.