Product Manager - Policy & Product Governance
Product Manager - Policy & Product Governance
- Location: Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00162
- Closing Date: 04 March 2021
Policy & Product Governance – Product Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Mortgage Product team. You’ll be part of a team of product experts working with a wide range of stakeholders across the business to maintain, run and develop our mortgage propositions.
Location is flexible, some occasional travel to Swindon.
Permanent, working 35-hours a week,
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
As part of our Mortgages Product team, this is a strategic role where you’ll ensure that our products, propositions and processes are operating to the required standard, as well as help identify and resolve complex and high profile issues relating to the governance and management of Nationwide mortgages as they arise. You’ll own and push forward the product oversight and governance strategy for mortgages
On a day to day basis you will be supporting the operation of effective governance processes within mortgages, including the ongoing management of product MI and regular feedback to key stakeholders. You’ll also monitor member outcomes, including the identification of issues or areas of improvement as they arise, and supporting in issue resolution. The role will also involve general support for the wider Product team.
You will be working with a highly talented team of mortgage professionals and playing an integral role in supporting the smooth and compliant management of our mortgage book. Ideally you would have a strong understanding of the business structure and strategy and how our Products align to it.
- Ideally you’ll have a strong background in mortgages and/or product management
- Be a strategic thinker, able to piece together complex information and MI into a coherent picture and propose the best way resolve issues and find opportunities
- Be a good relationship builder with high levels of stakeholder management experience
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, who can influence people at the most senior levels, and develop and manage strong relationships with colleagues based across the UK
- Have a strong track record when it comes to managing tasks, assessing risk and delivering improvements
- Have good organisational skills and the ability to proactively manage your own work and the work of others
- Flexible, creative, positive with a high attention to detail
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.