Digital Risk Lead Reviewer
Digital Risk Lead Reviewer
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00278
- Closing Date: 27 June 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
The Society’s new Technology strategy will allow us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. We strive to be an organisation which makes a difference to our members’ and colleagues’ lives, driven by a desire to do the right thing, in the right way.
Our mutuality and brand purpose ‘Building Society Nationwide’ defines and differentiates us. Our reputation as a good employer reflects the very special culture and ethos of Nationwide, which is encapsulated in our values.
As a modern mutual, we are always striving to better ourselves to deliver an excellent service for all our members; services relevant to the digital age but with the continuing personal touch.
In this Risk Lead Reviewer position, you will help us not only to preserve the value of the Society but also to create new value. You will be working in Operational Risk Oversight within the Second Line of Defence, supporting the business and the board in making risk-informed decisions.
This role provides oversight of Digital and Architecture, focusing on how design of new solutions support the Technology Strategy, critical enablers for the future Society Nationwide. Close working alongside other team members overseeing IT & Resilience, Change, Payments, Data & Analytics, Supply Chain risk, Finance & Efficiency and People & Culture will enable a degree of cross skilling and skills uplift as the “one team” ethos is central to all we do.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
The role is paying up to £47K per annum on a permanent basis.
What you’ll be doing
You will work closely with the First (Business Areas) and Third (Audit) Lines of Defence, with exposure to Senior Leadership.
Specific responsibilities will include providing Risk Oversight on the effective management of:
- Co-ordinating and managing the delivery of associated risk and control assessments; using the Society’s Operational And Conduct Risk Management Framework (OCRMF) providing evidence-based opinion and challenge where necessary.
- Challenging First Line management information, papers and activity, face-to-face and in writing for submission to executive committees and boards.
- Conducting and leading in-depth risk reviews, and helping First Line to develop and deliver actions to close issues and minimise risk.
- Raising awareness of the Society’s operational risk exposure.
- Maintaining a strong internal and external network and keeping up-to-date with the latest industry developments and approaches to operational risk management.
- Maintaining knowledge of risk trends across the sector that could be used to inform Oversight activity.
This role will be ideal for you if you have experience of:
- Operational Risk Management practices
- New Digital technologies
- Awareness of Open Banking processes, Banking Application and Internet Bank
- Architecture Guardrails and approval routes for new technology
- Solution Lifecycle
As a minimum the successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong influencing skills to engage senior leadership and to maintain effective working relationships to monitor progress of Society’s critical risks
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), to supply regular commentary in the specialist area for Board papers to articulate critical risks succulently and highlighting key actions required to mitigate risks
- Strong Analytical skills with attention to detail to assess whether documentation meets the society’s Risk taxonomy Policies and standards as part of regular review activity
It would be nice if you also had:
- A background in retail banking or financial services.
- A relevant industry recognised qualification or equivalent
However, applications would be welcome from candidates who have worked in a risk or advisory role with the willingness to learn regulatory and compliance technical topics. Nationwide strongly believes in continuous learning, both on an individual basis and through its own Risk Academy, using internal experts, seminars as well as the opportunity to attend external sessions.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.