- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00329
- Closing Date: 13 May 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
- A Risk Manager
- £40,000 to £50,000 per annum on a permanent basis
Do you want to work in a diverse, high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our team works in a fast-paced environment developing the Society’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework and Enterprise Risk Management Tool providing the opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
We are a friendly and flexible team, that trusts you to work in a way that helps you be your best self. Whilst technical ability has its place, we focus on your whole self, supporting your growth in the role and helping you to progress on your career journey.
If you can engage successfully with senior management and directors and lead challenging pieces of work within tight timescales, why not come and join our Framework and Tooling team? We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team assisting with the development of our Enterprise Risk Management Framework and Enterprise Risk Management Tool whilst engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders from across the whole Society and with our external partners.
What you’ll be doing
Helping to design, maintain and develop the Enterprise Risk Management Framework whilst also supporting the delivery of enhancements to system functionality assisting the Society in the management of its Risk and Controls environment.
This role presents a great opportunity to manage your own relationships, work in an energetic and productive team, and to further your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team. You will also advance your skills in some hugely captivating areas of expertise, supported by access to an array of training and development opportunities from our in-house Risk Academy. Most importantly of all, you will work in a team where you are trusted and supported 100% so that you can be your best, most confident self and grow during your time with us.
We are looking for someone who is up for a challenge – tenacious, positive, energetic, and willing to try new approaches, even if you don’t achieve what you want the first time. Whilst some technical ability in risk and control management is a ‘must’, you will be someone who displays the right values, attitude and behaviours – not only to fit in with our friendly team, but also to be a credible ambassador for risk management across Nationwide. All locations and 35 hour working patterns welcome to apply.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Be confident to work with staff at all levels as you will need to build relationships with senior leaders and their teams.
- Be able to communicate risk concepts clearly and jargon free to help embed risk management across the Society and reinforce a positive risk culture.
- Be tenacious, positive, and brave in your approach, overcoming any barriers that arise, with the confidence that you will be 100% supported to be your most productive and best self.
- Be naturally curious and willing to challenge information and views.
- Have experience of operational and conduct risk management, risk oversight or internal audit.
- Ability to create high quality documentation
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience/knowledge of working with Risk Frameworks,
- Experience of using Governance, Risk and Compliance systems
- Or be willing to work towards a professional risk qualification.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.