- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00344
- Closing Date: 12 May 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re looking for several people who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly Community. As an Audit Manager you’ll lead audits, taking responsibility for scoping, execution and reporting. You’ll be primarily focused on identifying controls which mitigate key business risks and assessing their adequacy and effectiveness, providing audit opinions to quality and time. As an Audit Manager, you’ll also take responsibility for co-ordinating the delivery team, identifying development needs and coaching individuals to achieve their performance objectives
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Internal Audit (IA) are a 90-strong community with backgrounds in everything from Financial Crime and Compliance to IT and Retail. We use our expertise, critical thinking and experience to complete internal audits across the whole Society.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside your colleagues you’ll use your knowledge and audit skills to deliver high quality, impactful audits. This will be in accordance with an agreed scope and in line with IA methodologies.
Once you’ve analysed the design and effectiveness of controls, and spotted areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, you’ll then be called upon to use your influencing skills in order to present these potential improvements to senior management.
Following final publication of your audit report, you’ll keep in contact with your business stakeholders as they look to implement the required improvements. When the audit issues have been resolved, you’ll validate that the work they’ve undertaken mitigates the risk that was highlighted.
You will also communicate regularly and effectively with other members of IA to ensure that work is appropriately coordinated and key messages from business engagement meetings are shared with relevant IA colleagues.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Work effectively on your own or with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with audit methodology;
- Ability to identify and assess the input, processing and output risks and controls (both manual and automated) for a given business process;
- Have experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work;
- Previous experience of documenting and evaluating the information flow within a business process;
- Good communication and influencing skills at various levels including the ability to work independently and within a team;
- Have, or are on your way to, completing a relevant professional or industry-specific qualification and
- Good analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend working. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part-time.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance-related bonus scheme
- Car allowance of £4,656
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.