Risk Analyst Lead
Risk Analyst Lead
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00360
- Closing Date: 02 August 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we put our members at the heart of everything we do and every role, no matter what it’s doing, has a part to play in this. The Unsecured Credit Risk team is responsible for managing the asset quality of the Society’s unsecured portfolios, which includes designing effective new lending strategies, managing the credit quality of the portfolio and providing specialist credit risk advice to the business.
We are looking individuals who are interested in taking the next step in their analytical career and join our Unsecured Credit Risk team as a Risk Analyst Lead.
You should be at home working with data sets, making sense of them, pulling out trends and explaining complex problems simply.
Currently working remotely, but longer term there will be occasional travel to the Swindon office
What you’ll be doing
Given the diversity of the role you will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects and workstreams that provide credit risk insights across business communities while also ensuring we protect our members by staying within the organisations Risk Appetite.
To do this you’ll:
- Extract and analyse data from our systems using tools such as SAS, QlikSense, and Excel.
- Create useful and meaningful insights & MI
- Explain complex messages to non-technical audiences.
- Develop & optimise Credit Risk strategies to ensure robust controls are maintained while supporting Nationwide’s membership base.
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Work with the Systems, Modelling, Product, Oversight and Operational teams.
The challenging part is understanding the data and what your analysis means for the organisation and the financial services industry. This job will keep you thinking, your work will be varied and technically demanding, and you could be working on your own or as part of a wider team.
However you undertake your work, the purpose will always be the same – your role will be to support the development of best in class credit risk strategies, that reward our members and deliver value to Nationwide.
We are interested in people who enjoy working in a fast-paced team, have a real interest in Credit Risk and are not afraid of taking on a challenge. With a logical and analytical mind, you’ll solve complex problems with passion; thinking of things that no one has considered before.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have/ be:
- Experience in an analytical role
- A track record of using statistical and business analysis to drive strategy changes
- Solid experience of using statistical and analytical tools such as SAS, Python, MATLAB, R, or SQL.
- Self-motivated, articulate and highly numerate, with experience of presenting/ explaining your findings to others verbally or through a written report
- A great team player, with a willingness to support and lead your colleagues to tackle problems head on
It would be nice if you also had:
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- Financial Services experience
- Knowledge of credit reference agencies
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.