- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00405
- Closing Date: 04 July 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
- Our team is expanding and we are looking to recruit a Risk Manager
- Due to COVID-19 the way we are operating as an organisation is changing. As a result, we are flexible on location however, you will need travel/work from our Northampton site for a minimum of 4 days per month (role will be full-time working from home to begin with)
- The successful candidate will receive a flexible remuneration package, including the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday and a generous pension contribution (if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%)
- The salary range for this role is £42,370 to £61,201 dependent on experience
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Risk management has been at the heart of Nationwide Building Society’s response to the current COVID-19 crisis, and a key component of this response has been the insight and understanding provided by our analysts in the Retail Financial Risk Modelling team.
About the Team
We are a thriving and friendly team that operates from Northampton working together to produce the best in class retail model developments in the Concurrent Stress Testing (“CST”) and provisioning (International Financial Reporting Standard 9 - “IFRS 9”) space.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of this close-knit team. As a team of 17 (14 existing team members plus 3 new roles) within Retail Modelling and the Risk Community, you will work on a variety of different projects analysing complex problems to provide recommendations and solutions.
We invest in our employees supporting you with your development including activate participation in prestigious internal SAS training, a key tool used in the work we do. Furthermore, Nationwide is making significant investment in technology expanding tools available to us (including Python and R), giving you the opportunity to work in innovative ways to deliver real business benefit.
If you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way, this opportunity is for you.
What you’ll be doing
Under the guidance of a Modelling Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Employing relevant statistical and analytical techniques to develop and maintain our forecasting and IFRS9 models.
- Employing best in class modelling practice.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise across the team.
- Communicating the performance of models to the wider business.
- Working with stakeholders from across the business.
- Contributing to the success and evolution of the team.
Applications are welcome if you can show an aptitude for coding, credit risk analytics or credit risk modelling (or similar) and have a willingness to: continue to develop your coding skills, enhance your knowledge of financial services and develop your modelling skills. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need:
- Experience of coding or evidence of an aptitude for coding and/or use of statistical tools (this includes but not limited to SAS / SPSS / R or similar)
- Some experience or evidence of an aptitude for modelling or analytics
- A strong degree in a numerate discipline (Mathematics, Statistics or related subject) or the equivalent role related experience
It would be an advantage if you had the following:
- Good written, verbal and influencing skills, and ability to deliver on shared goals by cooperating with other team members
- Passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit.
- A genuine desire to be a part of a close-knit team and develop a career with a leading financial services player
- An aptitude for working with data, analysing, generating insight and sharing your conclusions in an open, honest and precise manner
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.