Audit Senior Manager – Payments
Audit Senior Manager – Payments
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00467
- Closing Date: 11 August 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our audit team works in a fast paced, member-focused, agile audit environment and we have a unique opportunity for a talented individual to be at the heart of the future of the largest building society in the world. Nationwide has an ambitious strategy with our members at its core; and internal audit is looking for a senior manager to develop and deliver assurance over this strategic change.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys leading teams and taking responsibility for quality coverage; someone who is up for a challenge; commercially minded; energetic and willing to try new approaches, with a collaborative mindset. Proven technical experience in delivering payments attestations, and auditing payments technology, operations and change. Experience of working in an agile environment will be an advantage. You’ll be joining the Audit Leadership team, collaborating with colleagues to deliver your portfolio of audits and develop the function.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be managing a team of audit colleagues, providing regular performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help them be at their best whilst delivering high quality and impactful audit work.
You and your team will deliver payments attestations and audits that assess the control environment over payments including technology controls, payments operations and change programmes. This may involve some challenging conversations to agree identified issues, so you’ll need to be able to ask the right questions to pin point the key issues at play, be brave enough to challenge and have the integrity to build trust and credibility with your stakeholders. This role presents a great opportunity to manage your own business area relationships, work in an energetic and productive team, and to further your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team.
We’re looking for an experienced senior audit manager with experience of auditing Payments technology, operations, and change. Experience of auditing payments technology in a Cloud environment would be helpful. This knowledge may have been developed through working in an internal audit function. Full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques will be provided, and an understanding of agile change methods will be an advantage, ideally gained in a financial services environment
As a minimum you’ll:
- Have experience of auditing or managing risks, processes and controls associated with payments technology (infrastructure and applications), payments operations and payments change, ideally with Cloud exposure.
- Experience managing engagement in payments attestations is required.
- Be able to collaborate with the senior leadership team to identify strategic audit priorities and develop the audit plan covering strategy and transformation activities. Have exceptional organisational skills to drive the planning and delivery of a suite of audits of varying complexity across our strategy and transformation activities, ensuring they’re high quality and in line with our audit methodology.
- Have experience of leading a high performing team, providing performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help staff be their best and deliver efficiently to the highest professional standards.
- Be able to confidently influence others and build professional business relationships at all levels including executive leaders and directors, showing your proven negotiating skills.
- Be tenacious, positive and brave in your approach, overcoming any barriers that arise, with the confidence that you will be supported to be your most productive and best self.
- Be comfortable with change, leading the development and implementation of ongoing improvement initiatives to deliver our audit strategy and using your strong communication skills to ensure support for Society and community priorities across the wider team.
- Have an IT relevant certification such as CISA, CISSP or equivalent.
- A good understanding of payments technologies and operations, such as BACS, CHAPS and Faster Payments, as well as attestation requirements for these services.
- Have a good understanding of auditing payments change, including outsourcing of services, as well as new ways of working within these environments e.g. Agile Development practices.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend working. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part-time.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance-related bonus scheme
- Car allowance of £4,656
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.