Risk Analyst Lead
Risk Analyst Lead
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00512
- Closing Date: 02 August 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Risk Analyst Lead paying £38,000 per annum on a permanent contract
The Measurement, Controls and Treasury Credit Risk team covers a span of accountabilities including calculation of provision, forecasting for capital requirements, the credit risk of treasury activity and credit risk regulatory and critical reporting. The team also leads governance for all data consumed and produced.
This Risk Analyst Lead role will join the regulatory and critical reporting team which is responsible for ensuring that Nationwide maintain the confidence and meet the demands of the regulator and other stakeholders. You will work as both an individual and part of a team to produce reporting outputs that are controlled, timely and well understood. Reporting activity ranges from prescribed regulatory templates with complex taxonomy to adhoc board level management information and insight.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has an analytical mindset, is conscious of the importance of accuracy and controls and is keen to develop their technical skills whilst making a real difference.
What you’ll be doing
From running code to investigating data trends, you’ll be working to ensure that we meet deadlines for regulatory reporting as well as both internal and external critical reporting. You’ll work closely with your fellow regulatory reporting team members, and often collaborate with the others across a number of communities and ‘missions’ at Nationwide to ensure the data and insight provided is complete, accurate and precisely meets the stakeholders needs.
You’ll need excellent attention to detail to ensure that the processes and controls in place to govern our reporting are followed correctly; highlighting and investigating outputs as needed and ensuring that submission deadlines are met. The regular report reviews that the team undertake will provide opportunities to drive further process enhancements and efficiencies by implementing innovative solutions.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to:
- Be highly numerate and have experience of analysing and interpreting data and/or experience preparing and delivering structured reporting;
- Have experience of coding and/or analytical tools such as SAS/SQL; SAS coding experience will be preferred
- Have experience using data manipulation functions in MS Excel;
- Be able to support the production of high-quality outputs that provide clear insight;
- Work to tight timescales and remain focussed in a pressured environment;
- Demonstrate a logical approach to performing a task, whilst paying attention to detail;
- Be self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
It would be nice if you also had:
- Financial services experience;
- Experience or a good awareness of reporting governance and controls
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.