Senior Risk Analyst
Senior Risk Analyst
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00524
- Closing Date: 01 August 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
- Our team is expanding and we are looking to recruit a Senior Risk Analyst
- Due to COVID-19 the way we are operating as an organisation is changing. As a result, we are flexible on location however, you will need travel/work from our Northampton/Swindon site for a minimum of 4 days per month (role will be full-time working from home to begin with)
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Risk management has been at the heart of Nationwide Building Society’s response to the current COVID-19 crisis, and a key component of this response has been the forecasting and insight provided by our analysts in the Forecasting and Stress Testing team.
If you have analytical skills and are looking for a role where your work really matters, this is the opportunity for you.
About the Team
The Credit Risk Measurement team use their analytical skills and experience to quantify and provide insight into the quality of our lending portfolios which helps inform our business directors of the decisions they need to make. After all, the decisions we make in terms of who we lend to can affect our growth and our members.
The Forecasting and Stress Testing team are close knit, friendly and dynamic, and this role provides an opportunity to join a team that keeps the society safe and secure for our members, as well as an opportunity to be involved in the preparation and delivery of the annual concurrent stress test for both our Retail and Commercial portfolios.
So, if you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, and want to further your career in Risk then this may be the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Recognised as a subject matter expert in your area, your work will be varied and technically demanding. Under the guidance of a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering and interpreting the results from the Retail and Commercial forecasting models through a variety of forecasting and stress testing scenarios
- Investigate and understand the data to provide insights, produce reports and share your understanding of the outputs to others
- Communicating the results to a range of senior stakeholders
- Develop new approaches for the measurement of emerging risks with stakeholders
- Identify and deliver process and controls improvements, ensuring all output needs are maintained and adequate controls are in place.
Applications are welcome if you can show an aptitude for credit risk analytics and/or credit risk modelling (or similar) and have a willingness to: continue to develop your technical skills, enhance your knowledge of financial services and develop your Risk expertise. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need:
- Experience of statistical tools (this includes but not limited to SAS / SPSS / R or similar)
- A good understanding of risk management practices.
- To be able to produce accurate, sense checked results whilst meeting deadlines
- To be highly literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Take the initiative and proactively offer solutions to problems
- A strong degree in a numerate discipline (Mathematics, Statistics or related subject) or the equivalent role related experience
It would be an advantage if you had the following:
- Good written, verbal and influencing skills, and ability to deliver on shared goals by cooperating with other team members
- Passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit.
- A genuine desire to be a part of a close-knit team and develop a career with a leading financial services player
- An aptitude for working with data, analysing, generating insight and sharing your conclusions in an open, honest and precise manner
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.