- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00599
- Closing Date: 04 August 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
UK Wide Opportunity, we are happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Nationwide’s procurement function has gone through and continues to go through significant and successful transformation to ensure we deliver the best possible outcomes for Nationwide and our Members. Our operating model combines category alignment with business partnering focussed on the delivery of business and member outcomes.
We are looking for people who are passionate about procurement and know the value they can bring to Nationwide Building Society. You will understand the importance of getting the right commercial deal, investing into relationships, moving at pace, outsourcing approaches, emerging markets and technology impacting the financial services sector. You will want to make a difference with new thinking, whilst respecting we have process and policies to diligently follow.
We embrace new ways of working and contracting which will help the Society optimise its cost base, ensure resilience and create the space to generate new markets and income streams. You are keen to learn and as excited as we are about the future this role will bring.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver procurement & supply chain strategies for your specific spend category and business area
- Develop and deliver value for your designated category and associated suppliers through delivery against account plans, development plans and governance frameworks
- Own and Manage the commercial risk with suppliers within your spend category, taking action to mitigate risk within defined risk appetite
- Negotiate, draft and manage medium complexity contracts with suppliers within your spend category and or contribute to more complex deals working alongside Senior Procurement Managers
- Deliver specific procurement and supply chain projects in collaboration with individual NBS communities
- Comply with all NBS policies and deliver against statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- Established Procurement & supply chain skills and experience in sourcing activities
- Have knowledge of, and an interest in, Technology Procurement
- Effective communications and relationship building skills
- Possess the ability to analyse data and complex inputs to support sound business decisions
- Ability to manage a contract portfolio and be self sufficient and show initiative to drive the optimal outcomes for the Society.
- Have a working knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to category
- And most importantly you are a strong team player – we are a team who look after each other.
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience within a Financial Services organisation
- A degree with a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPS or equivalent) or working towards CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply or equivalent.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.