Lead Senior Analyst- fixed term contract
Lead Senior Analyst- fixed term contract
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00AOR00609
- Closing Date: 27 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As a Lead Senior Member Analyst in in Nationwide’s Member Analytics team, you will play a pivotal role in improving our understanding of member behaviour and needs, by taking our member analysis and segmentation strategy forward. You will be responsible for producing analysis on customer behaviour across different dimensions and segments including channel, value and life-stage and attitudes using SAS.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
This role sits in Nationwide’s Member Analytics team who provide Strategic Insight, as part of the Marketing team. Our team builds and maintain a suite of segmentation tools, including lifestage and attitudinal segmentations, to describe our membership base and support our strategic goal of a “Thriving Membership”, providing analytical context of support deepening of relationships with our members.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be delivering relevant and detailed insight about our customers that supports decision making and customer strategy.
Responsible for planning and executing analysis of member behaviour using SAS analytical software, interpreting the findings from member data and providing recommendations on best approach.
You’ll take a proactive approach to the development of new insight by identifying gaps in our customer and segment, understanding and designing responses to fill those gaps.
Developing effective relationship with stakeholders and helping to facilitate strategic business decisions and respond to complex business problems with accountability for meeting deadlines.
You will also provide support to junior team members in their analytical investigations.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills, experience and knowledge:
Someone with demonstrable analytical rigour, balanced with strong problem solving and inter-personal skills, who can work collaboratively within a team of Insight professionals and influence the business. You will:
- Be analytical with a logical mindset and have strong attention to detail.
- Highly experienced in customer analysis, along with having a strong ability to derive insight from various sources.
- Have experience of developing customer segmentation models using appropriate data manipulation and analytical techniques.
- Be proficient in using SAS to create and structure insight.
- Have excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to present findings in a compelling way to stakeholders.
- Understand Financial Services, product and market trends and an awareness of the strategic role analytical insight plays in business decisions.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.