- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00690
- Closing Date: 20 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
- A Valuation Surveyor
- Full time position – home based
Here at Nationwide, we put our members at the heart of everything we do and every role, no matter what it’s doing, has a part to play in this.
Property Risk is a fundamental part of the Risk Community, striving to deliver the best possible outcomes for the customer and the Society by providing efficient, quality decision making in line with property policy.
We now have an opportunity to join our team here to help us drive and develop our desktop valuation strategies.
What you’ll be doing
The main duties will be as follows:
- Reporting into the Regional Manager, you will helping ensure that that we maintain and develop the best Property Risk Team in the business
- Assist Head of Property Risk, and Head Valuer as required with specific projects/tasks
- Carry out mortgage valuation work (NBS and TMW)
- Where applicable and as requested, engage in other Property Risk activities eg new build site appraisals
- Strive to be a subject matter expert in all elements of your local property market
- Help be part of, and create/maintain a member focused culture across the team and department
- Look to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders (Panel Firms, Brokers, Developers etc)
- Through your work in the local marketplace, help identify process and policy improvements to enable Nationwide to do ‘more, safe lending’
- Working with your local Area Valuer/Regional Manager, assist with appeals, queries, requests for specialist advice etc
- Work with your local Area Valuer/Regional Manager to ensure you understand operational risk, conduct risk and procedural requirements within your role
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- An RICS qualification (Chartered Surveyor/Assoc RICS)
- Preferably, some experience in the residential survey and valuation sector
- An understanding of the property (sales and lettings) market in your area of operation
- A willingness to learn and develop
- An ability to identify risk (and opportunity)
- A desire to continue to drive change in the residential valuation sector, innovating risk assessment and new valuation methodologies
- Proven decision-making abilities and an ability to work on your own initiative
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.