Senior Product Owner – Finance & Efficiency
Senior Product Owner – Finance & Efficiency
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00722
- Closing Date: 29 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Operating at the heart of Nationwide’s finance function – you will define, develop, and prioritise the delivery of regulatory reporting change. Leading a delivery team focused on our Treasury regulatory deliverables you will understand the needs of the business teams and be accountable for the implementation of models and regulatory reporting. You will also ensure the systems they are built on remain fit for the future.
You will manage the demand backlog for reporting change in Finance and Efficiency, ensuring that outcomes are aligned to strategic objectives and teams involved are aware of priorities. You’ll work closely with multiple teams across the community to support the growth and development of our business through project activity, focusing on developing and improving our reporting.
This role is a great way to gain exposure to Nationwide. In short, this position places you at the centre of the key drivers of our business, giving visibility of both the customer and funding elements of our business, as well as exposing you to diverse teams across both Treasury and Finance.
This role is an opportunity to build systems and reporting tools which are key to business decisions taken within the community as well as lead on activities like migration of software. It’s also a fantastic opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of both technology and risk management.
Leading a highly skilled cross functional delivery team you’ll develop and improve the way we report across Finance and Efficiency, building confidence in the reported results. You will lead on projects to ensure Nationwide keeps pace with a constantly changing business landscape.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing OKR’s that establish a framework for defining the Objectives to be delivered and the way we will be able to measure their achievement
- Inspiring a cross-functional team of Business Analysts, programmers and business SMEs to problem solve to find the optimum solutions to business problems
- Partner with business, data, and other community delivery teams to ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria to ensure final outputs are of the right quality
- Work in close collaborations with controls functions to ensure their requirements are understood and are met through solutions proposed and that controls are in place to continually ensure adherence to these requirements
- Constantly prioritising a mixed backlog of work that will include new feature development, iterative improvement to existing regulatory reporting
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise on how change will be implemented into our business teams
- Anticipate problems before they occur; identify possible causes and work with the team to identify, select and implement the most appropriate solution
- Play an active part in your broader team, working with and supporting others to be the best they can be
As a minimum requirement, we'll need you to have...
- Experience of delivering regulatory reporting deliverables
- The ability to lead a team of developers/programmers and project resources on stretching objectives
- Experience in architectural design, implementation, consulting and leading on project deliverables using different methodologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to advise, prioritise and measure success
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be a good communicator and influencer to Director level, advanced relationship management and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to provide constructive advice and challenge to senior stakeholders
- Experience of initiating and sustaining collaborate ways of working between technical, governance, business, and consultancy teams
- Proven ability to take on and exceed targets consistently and to take ownership for results
- Prior experience of owning & maintaining a backlog of change and working in an agile environment
Would be also nice if you have…
- SAS programming experience and/or knowledge of how to implement change within a user-defined coding infrastructure
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.