Senior Risk Manager - Chief Controls Office – Practice Office
Senior Risk Manager - Chief Controls Office – Practice Office
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00739
- Closing Date: 30 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Chief Controls Office – Practice Office – Senior Risk Manager (L3.1) paying c£70,000 - £88,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Do you want to work in a diverse, high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, risk and control environment that provides the opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
The Chief Controls Office brings together first line risk leadership under a Chief Controls Officer, whose goal is to enable the Missions and Communities to understand and manage their risks and controls in order to run their business areas effectively. If you can engage successfully with senior management and directors and lead challenging pieces of work within tight timescales, why not come and join the CCO and work within our Practice Office?
We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional team responsible for ensuring the Operational and Conduct Risk Management Framework (OCRMF) is embedded across the Society, driving insightful risk and control reporting, and supporting the development of IT solutions and other elements of Nationwide’s Risk Architecture to support the wider CCO function. We also provide services and advice to subject matter teams across the Society.
We are a team that collaborates widely with stakeholders across the Society, which trusts you to work in a way that works for you. To that end, we are committed to supporting your growth in the role and helping you to progress on your career journey.
What you’ll be doing
With more industry, government, media, and regulatory scrutiny on financial services than ever before, we need a highly capable Senior Manager to join our Practice Office, accomplished at leading high-profile programmes of work to lead the effective embedding and maturity of the OCRMF.
This role supports the business to implement, embed and mature the OCRMF across the Society. The areas we support are diverse so you will need to be pragmatic and flexible to manage the varied and sometimes competing priorities. You need to be able to ask the right questions to pin point key issues, provide challenge where necessary to ensure we think expansively in order to achieve the right outcomes for the Society. You will need to have the integrity to build trust and credibility with your stakeholders, as well as the foresight and energy to formulate plans and drive changes across the business.
This role presents a great opportunity to work across Nationwide within an energetic and productive team, and to further your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team. You will also advance your skills in some hugely captivating areas of expertise, supported by access to an array of training and development opportunities. Most importantly of all, you will work in a team where you are trusted and supported 100% so that you can be your best, most confident self and grow during your time with us.
Activities underway or on the horizon include:
- Provide expertise in the interpretation of OCRMF for the business
- Manage the impact assessments of changes to the OCRMF and resulting change activity to ensure the successful implementation and embedding
- Plan and deliver activities that support the ongoing maturity of the OCRMF framework
- Support the development and deployment of the 1st Line Risk Tooling Strategy
- Use your skills and expertise to support the uplift of risk and control capability across our risk practitioners
- Support risk governance through Mission and Community risk forums, contributing to risk and control insight to enable data-driven decisions to be made
- Enhance and embed the data quality improvement programme for our risk data across the Society
- Lead on activities to enable the continuous improvement of risk and control management at Mission and Community level
- Exploit new technologies to improve efficiency of society-wide risk and controls management and informing strategic decision making
- Provide advice, constructive challenge and expertise in relation to the OCRMF to ensure the right outcomes for our members.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Experience of using and implementing Enterprise wide risk management frameworks, standards and tooling.
- A degree or relevant significant professional experience of qualification
- Over 7 years of industry experience working within risk, preferably a first or second line role.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of risk and control management frameworks and associated risk practitioner tools and techniques.
- Be highly experienced in building and leading high performing teams.
- Be confident to work with staff at all levels as you will need to build relationships with Senior Leaders and their teams.
- Be able to communicate risk concepts clearly and jargon free to help embed risk management across the Community and reinforce a positive risk culture.
- A strong understanding of the regulatory landscape, with knowledge of the current regulatory environment and developments impacting financial services.
- Be tenacious, positive and brave in your approach, overcoming any barriers that arise, with the confidence that you will be 100% supported to be your most productive and best self.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
- Individual healthcare cover
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.