Audit Senior Manager - Change
Audit Senior Manager - Change
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00742
- Closing Date: 21 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Audit Senior Manager – Audit Senior Manager - Change
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our audit team works in a fast paced, member-focused, agile audit environment and we have a great opportunity for a talented individual to be at the heart of the future of the largest building society in the world. Nationwide has an ambitious strategy with our members at its core; and internal audit is looking for a senior manager to provide assurance over delivery of these strategic changes.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys leading teams and taking responsibility for quality coverage; someone who is up for a challenge; commercially minded; energetic and willing to try new approaches, with a collaborative mindset. Proven technical experience in auditing business and technology change activities with experience of agile will be an advantage. You’ll be joining the Audit Leadership team, collaborating with colleagues to deliver your portfolio of audits and develop the function.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be managing a team of audit colleagues, providing regular performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help them be at their best whilst delivering high quality and impactful audit work. You and your team will deliver audits that assess our transformation-related control environment. This may involve some challenging conversations to agree identified issues, so you’ll need to be able to ask the right questions to pin point the key issues at play, be brave enough to challenge and have the integrity to build trust and credibility with your stakeholders. This role presents a great opportunity to manage your own business area relationships, work in an energetic and productive team, and to further your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team.
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit. We are a Community of about 100 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including treasury, finance, risk, IT, transformation and distribution. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior leadership team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans. You will also have the chance to increase your skills, supported by access to an array of training and development opportunities. Most importantly of all, you will work in a team where you are trusted and supported so that you can be your best self and grow during your time in the role.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
We’re looking for an experienced senior audit manager to lead our auditing of business and technology change activities. This would include experience of auditing in a project/programme environment at all stages of the change lifecycle, both real time assurance and standard audits. This will involve working with stakeholders to provide assurance on delivery risks and controls, including governance activities. Knowledge of agile working practices would be helpful, especially if gained in a financial services environment. Full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques will be provided.
As a minimum you’ll:
- Have experience of auditing business and technology change activities;
- Be able to collaborate with the senior leadership team to identify strategic audit priorities and develop the audit plan covering technology services;
- Have exceptional organisational skills to drive the planning and delivery of a suite of audits of varying complexity, ensuring they’re high quality, value-adding and in line with our audit methodology;
- Have experience of leading a high performing team, providing performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help staff be their best and deliver efficiently to the highest professional standards.
- Be able to confidently influence others and build professional business relationships at all levels including executive leaders and directors, showing your proven negotiating skills.
- Be tenacious, positive and brave in your approach, overcoming any barriers that arise, with the confidence that you will be supported to be your most productive and best self.
- Be comfortable with change, leading the development and implementation of ongoing improvement initiatives to deliver our audit strategy and using your strong communication skills to ensure support for Society and community priorities across the wider team.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday pro rata
- Car allowance of £4,656
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.