Property Services Facilities Insight Consultant
Property Services Facilities Insight Consultant
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Up to £40,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00777
- Closing Date: 28 September 2021
This is a great opportunity to join the Property Services team within the Resilience and Agility Community. We are responsible for providing a comprehensive range of services to enable both Missions and Communities to focus on their primary purpose in meeting members’ needs.
This role provides efficient provision of specialist strategy and performance oversight services for specified Property related activities within Property Services.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking someone who demonstrates a collaborative, results driven approach; you will be a self-starter, capable of building strong and productive relationships with those around you and driven by making a tangible difference and delivering value.
A dynamic and proactive individual who can provide great strategy and performance (property operational, risk and commercial) and services for specified property related activities with exceptional data management experience and comfortable with producing insightful reporting via the use of analytical tools.
Someone who is flexible and can work with sub-teams within Property Services prioritising and self-managing deliverables and who has a passion for learning about all aspects of Real Estate, Sustainability, Property Services and Facilities Management. Can take responsible for managing the execution of service delivery within Facilities Management with member and colleague facing impact.
Motivating, engaging and empowering staff to optimise opportunities to enhance relationships and improve customer satisfaction both internally and externally (members and 3rd parties) across Nationwide. To gather and analyse data and present findings in support of a programme of continuous efficiency improvement.
We’re interested in people who are inquisitive, have a logical approach and the ability to work flexibly, and at times, under pressure.
You’ll need to be good with people and develop excellent working relationships at all levels of the Society, able to ask the right questions and have a high degree of personal organisation.
As a minimum requirement you will have:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to manage and own multiple competing priorities and deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail combined with the aptitude to communicate with technical property teams, such as the specialist Facilities Management teams.
- Experienced at understanding, analysing and interpreting insight, using business intelligence tools and complex data sets, using these to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Be recognised as an expert and have relevant experience in a management position, with an in-depth knowledge of the business
- Stakeholder management experience at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, being confident and adept at report writing and formal presentations.
- We are looking for individuals that are comfortable working within tight deadlines and managing your own time effectively to meet objectives
- Demonstrate personal resilience and are comfortable working in an operational focused area
- Are proactive and have a drive for continuous improvement
- Are an enthusiastic team player, willing to be flexible and take on new challenges
- Be imaginative in problem solving with the ability to investigate business issues and draw conclusions
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.