- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00780
- Closing Date: 29 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We need a driven individual to work as an Executive in the Specialist Lending Mortgages Product Team, reporting to the Pricing Product Manager.
Specialist Lending is a hugely important part of Nationwide, that drives significant value to the Society. The primary focus is the Buy-to Let market, through The Mortgage Works (TMW) - the UK’s second largest Buy-to-Let mortgage lender. This role is at the heart of the Product team and provides a great opportunity to experience the Business end-to-end, driving forward decision making to deliver the best customer outcomes and optimise financial return for the Society.
As a Product Executive you will focus on the first two Ps of the Marketing Mix – Product and Price. From new business acquisition to customer retention, you will work closely alongside the Product Manager, using a combination of data and insight to utilise opportunities through both price and propositional enhancements. As well as providing first-hand experience into the intricacies of product management and pricing, this role also offers exposure across the Society at all levels and works as a great foundation for anyone looking to grow their career in Financial Services.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused. Under the umbrella of the TMW brand, the contribution Buy-to-Let Mortgages make are of great importance to the Private Rental Sector as well as the value we can generate for our members. This role is a rare opportunity to be part of the Product team who as a collective, oversee Nationwide’s end-to-end Buy-to-Let mortgage proposition.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
What you’ll be doing
- You will support the production of regular reporting, detailed analysis into the latest product movements and emerging trends to support key decision making across Specialist Lending
- You will support the Pricing Manager in the production of Product Pricing proposals
- You will engage with a wide range of stakeholders to understand the needs of the Business and combine this with your evolving understanding of the market to make informed recommendations to the Pricing Manager and senior leaders
- You will directly support other members of the team in wider propositional change across Specialist Lending
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have a numerical and analytical mindset with an aptitude for problem solving
- Have strong Excel skills and good knowledge of PowerPoint & Word
- Have experience working with data, generating insight, and providing considered recommendations
- Have a proven ability to work to a high standard whilst handling time pressures
- Have experience of building relationships and communicating with confidence
- Be able to work well on your own initiative whilst balancing priorities.
Desirable skills you might also have:
- Experience working in Financial Services
- Understanding of Mortgage Products
- Experience with data management software (e.g. SAS or SQL)
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday , pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.