Enterprise Business Architect
Enterprise Business Architect
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00815
- Closing Date: 24 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are looking for an experienced Business Architect to join our Enterprise Business Architecture team to help us shape lead and delivery the next evolution of our Operating Models.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Working with other enterprise business architects, you will be working in a multi-disciplinary team with the challenging mandate to provide insight and support to shape the operating model to enable the delivery of our strategy.
Having a diverse workforce is important to us. We do offer sponsorships to non-EU nationals with specialist skills to take up UK roles. However, by law we can only do this if we can’t find a suitable resident candidate. Typically, this role generates a high volume of resident applications. Candidates are therefore more than welcome to apply, but should be aware that the resident labour market test must be followed.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will work across our society’s Missions and communities to understand and bring clarity to the operating model and shape how business capabilities need to change over time to meet the strategic intent. Articulating the detail on changes that need to be made, options and impacts of the different business choices, you will also support the development of roadmaps, documentation of impacts at an enterprise level and help shape opportunities for prioritisation and optimal operating models.
You will quantify, monitor & articulate the impact of cross Mission/Community change on the operating model and maintain alignment across business, technology and member experience as well as defining and managing operating model guardrails to enable Missions and Communities to operate with greater autonomy and improved flow
You will work with Enterprise Technology Architects and Product Owners within Missions and Communities to develop Roadmaps and Transition states, aligned to business outcome delivery ensuring overall sequencing is optimised for the Society
You will have experience in business architecture for sales and servicing of retail products in a Tier 1 UK financial services organisation including the following:
- Have considerable experience of shaping business architecture, operating models, solution design and impact management
- Excellent insight, analytical and problem solving skills working in different business areas with the ability to quickly understand and resolve complex problems
- Experience of operating model tools, methods and frameworks
- Strong understanding of business capabilities and processes and the proven ability to understand and translate business needs and strategic intent into impacts and options for solutions to ensure priority and solution alignment to strategic outcomes
- Be passionate about driving customer and organisation improvement and have knowledge and understanding of how to enable this through business architecture and operating model design
- Be a great communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to bring complex information to life, communicating its importance in a way that individuals across our society can understand and act upon
- Proven ability to collaborate across the business working with multiple areas and stakeholders
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.