- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00846
- Closing Date: 25 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Nationwide’s procurement function has gone through and continues to go through significant and successful transformation to ensure we deliver the best possible outcomes for Nationwide and our Members. Our operating model combines category alignment with business partnering focussed on the delivery of business and member outcomes.
We are looking for Senior Buyers with procurement experience, to deliver greater cost efficiency and deliver sustainable value through an effective and engaged supply base. Already a Procurement professional, you’ll be looking for your next pivotal role. You will understand the importance of relationships, moving at pace, emerging markets and technology impacting us and you will want to make a difference with new thinking, whilst respecting we still have process and policies to follow.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver procurement & supply chain strategies for your specific spend category and business area.
- Enable value for designated suppliers through delivery against account plans, development plans and governance frameworks
- Understand and manage the commercial contract risk with suppliers within spend subcategory
- Negotiate, draft and manage simple contracts with suppliers within spend subcategory or contribute to more complex deals working alongside Procurement Managers
- Ensure the maintenance and timely execution of NBS contract pipeline within remit
- Comply with all NBS policies and deliver against statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- Have established basic procurement & supply chain skills
- Have knowledge of, and experience in procurement and supply chain management (category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and management).
- Good interpersonal skills including effective communications, relationship building and stakeholder management
- Have the ability to plan and prioritise effectively to deliver a demanding workload
- Have a working knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to category
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience within a Financial Services organisation
- Payments, Technology and Business Process Outsourcing Category Knowledge
- Working towards CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.