Risk Analyst Lead
Risk Analyst Lead
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00850
- Closing Date: 26 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Here at Nationwide we put our members at the heart of everything we do and every role, no matter what it’s doing, has a part to play in this. Our Retail Modelling Team use their analytical skills and experience to help inform our directors of what decisions they need to make, after all, the decisions we make in terms of who we lend to can affect our growth and our members.
We now have an opportunity to join our Retail IRB (Internal Ratings Based) Modelling team in London to help us drive and develop our capital models. We are a friendly and dynamic team who work together to develop high-quality retail Advanced IRB credit risk models. Aligned with the core purpose of these models, this role provides an opportunity to join a team that keeps the Society safe and secure for all our members.
So if you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, and want to further your career in Risk modelling using SAS, then this may be the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Under the guidance of a modelling manager, you will be responsible for:
- Using relevant statistical and analytical techniques to develop and maintain AIRB credit risk models.
- Employing ‘best-in-class’ modelling practice.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise across the team.
- Communicating the performance of models to the wider business.
- Working with stakeholders from across the business.
- Contributing to the success and evolution of the team.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to design, develop and maintain models which are key to business decisions that the Society makes. You will learn skills which will be crucial to the future success of the Society in a supportive environment. You will be responsible for end-to-end model developments, working closely with the business to understand its needs, understanding the data and what they tell us, and using innovative techniques to deliver solutions which drive strategic decisions across the business.
However you undertake your work, the purpose will always be the same – your role will be to support the development of best-in-class credit risk models, that enable us to reward our members and deliver value to Nationwide.
In addition to all of the on-the-job training, we will also help you develop all the skills you need to progress your career as a risk professional.
This role is all about model development in SAS, so you’ll need to have or be:
- A degree-level education in a numerate subject would be good to see
- Strong SAS programming skills, with experience of using macros;
• An aptitude for working with data, analysing, generating insight and sharing your conclusions in an open, honest and precise manner;
- A passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit;
- Highly motivated, thriving on solving problems, with a willingness to take the initiative and proactively offer solutions;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate complex issues in a succinct and simple way;
It would be nice (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of statistical model development, preferably using SAS;
- Knowledge of credit risk management practices such as credit scoring;
- An awareness of retail IRB risk modelling.
If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holida
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.