Business Support Analyst (12 months FTC)
Business Support Analyst (12 months FTC)
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00AOR00852
- Closing Date: 20 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re recruiting for a number of Business Support Analysts, to form a crucial function within Payment Operation here at Nationwide. You’ll work closely with our Service Delivery Managers and operational teams, to improve operational processes and performance. You’ll ensure our process documentation is maintained as one of the key control documents for our teams. The role will support the delivery of local initiatives which improve our Member and employee experience, create capacity, mitigate risk and reduce cost at a fast pace, to the appropriate standards and delivers the required benefit.
Nationwide is committed to the redeployment of our employees impacted by change, as such applications for redeployment candidates will be prioritised in this recruitment process.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
This is a new role within the Payment Operations team, who process the more complex payment transactions and disputes, ensuring our Members have hassle free access to their money at all times.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be integral in supporting local change initiatives and responding to wider corporate projects, ensuring that Payment Operation is ready for the change. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, where change is part of everyday life.
You will be responsible for ensuring our process guides document the Member and User journey, capture the key controls and provide our teams with an interactive tool for learning and development. You will be working with the operational teams to ensure the guides are accurate and support the various policies and standards.
You’ll work as a team to prioritise the change demands and proactively look for enhancements that improve the Member experience
As a minimum requirement you will have:
- experience of contributing to business change and continuous improvement programmes
- excellent attention to detail with the ability to understand fully new processes, procedures and systems
- good communication skills both written and verbal
- strong influencing and networking skills
- the ability to manage time effectively and display strong organisational skills making sure that deadlines are met
- Word and Excel and be competent in them all
- resilience – working well with ambiguity, in a fast-paced environment where change is constant
- strong stakeholder management skills and be able to build effective, productive relationships
It would be nice if you also had:
- Operational Experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Payments area
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.