Senior Risk Partnering Consultant - 12 Month FTC
Senior Risk Partnering Consultant - 12 Month FTC
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00AOR00854
- Closing Date: 27 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As a Senior Risk Partnering Consultant, you’ll play a key role in helping Nationwide deliver fair outcomes to our members by providing guidance, oversight and challenge on operational, conduct and compliance risk to ensure we are proactively mitigating risk to our members and the Society. You’ll be providing dedicated SME support to an important internal project, working closely with both the Project Team and other key stakeholders including Compliance and Legal.
This role is within the Chief Controls Office, which is responsible for centralised risk management support to Community Leadership and Member Missions within Nationwide.
This is a new temporary role within the Conduct & Compliance Centre of Excellence (CoE) providing Conduct, Compliance and Operational Risk support to the Moments that Matter Mission’s leadership team (which covers fraud prevention, complaints handling, collections and recoveries, specialist customer support and Nationwide’s Remediation Centre of Excellence).
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
What you’ll be doing
Your key responsibilities will be assessing emerging risks and control effectiveness on a specific project, using corporate risk management systems to provide insightful reports to executive management and committees.
To do this, you’ll need to build constructive and collaborative relationships with a wide range of project stakeholders, as well as across the three lines of defence.
You’ll be required to provide risk advice and present formal risk assessments and committee papers to promote the fair delivery of fair outcomes and good experience for members.
You’ll be working as part of a wider Risk Partnering team that supports the Moments that Matter Mission, requiring you to work collaboratively with colleagues to appropriately identify, assess, manage, monitor and review all key risks and controls.
- Previous experience in risk and control practices, ideally within financial services, with an ability to practically apply this knowledge in appropriate situations
- Experience of providing risk or compliance support to large change programmes, particularly those involving widescale customer contact and/or the implementation of enhancements to customer facing processes would be extremely beneficial
- Ideally an industry recognised professional qualification in Compliance or Risk Management, i.e. IRM, ICA or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through successful communication of complex information to key senior stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to develop lasting working relationships with Accountable Executives and key business area stakeholders
- Meticulous planning skills, able to prioritise and manage your own workload – developing trust and credibility by delivering to agreed deadlines.
- The ability to act decisively, objectively and maintain independence whilst also knowing when to escalate for support and validation.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.