Lead Strategic Insight Manager -12 month fixed term contract
Lead Strategic Insight Manager -12 month fixed term contract
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Up to £62,000
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00AOR00859
- Closing Date: 24 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re looking for a Lead Manager to join our Insight team in Member Propositions. The team’s role is to influence Nationwide’s strategic direction and proposition development through consumer and market insight.
Nationwide is on a journey to become a more insight led organisation, with Missions and Member Propositions driving the focus on understanding customer needs and behaviours to underpin strategy, proposition development, product propositions and service experience.
It’s an exciting time for research and insight as we seek new opportunities to meet members’ needs and identify new value opportunities, and this secondment role will drive performance improvements and be a catalyst to improving our insight maturity.
The focus of this fixed term contract is to develop research tools and capabilities to improve the timeliness and efficiency of the research carried out, and to help the business to get maximum value out of research and analysis.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
The scope of this role is to:
- Improve the timeliness and efficiency of research – work with procurement and risk functions to re-engineer the approach to purchasing external services; review our agency roster including re-tendering; review our range of research tools and platforms. Ensure appropriate controls and governance are in place.
- Improve knowledge management – increase the accessibility of existing research and analysis resources and highlight knowledge gaps. Thematically review past research and analysis, consolidating strategically important findings and communicating these in compelling and impactful ways.
- Develop a consultative relationship with stakeholders – proactively engage with the Member Needs Leads and proposition development teams to influence the society agenda through pro-active and compelling thought leadership on issues of strategic importance. Lead the embedding of insight tools, such as segmentations.
- Improve the mechanisms for managing the insight backlog of topics, and develop the processes for effective topic prioritisation balancing a range of criteria and demands from internal audiences.
You’ll have a critical and analytical mindset enabling you to extract value from research and insight work, and to shape how our ways of working, capabilities and how we manage the insight discipline.
You’ll have excellent organisation and communication skills so that you can develop plans to improve operational management and bring the team with you as you implement improvements.
You’ll be a natural collaborator and strong communicator, working closely with stakeholders up to Director level, to understand their needs and how it affects research demands, and to influence direction through the sharing of insight. You’ll work effectively in a multi discipline team.
Ideally you’ll have worked in research, strategy, or analytical roles before and be familiar with proposition development.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday , pro rata
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.