Reputational Insight Manager
Reputational Insight Manager
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00864
- Closing Date: 26 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are looking for an insight and analytics specialist, who is passionate about making an impact, influencing and storytelling. You will be responsible for reputation insight across employee communications, media and policy and public affairs.
This role is all about extracting and deeply analysing data, intelligence, monitoring trends and themes, producing actionable recommendations, which drives activity to maximise business performance, in the context of the organisation’s reputation.
You’ll spot trends, you’ll need a background in analysing data and insight and a really positive, can do attitude.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver insight and reporting requirements
- Effective management of stakeholder relationships to proactively understand needs and upcoming requirements
- Directing the team to pro-actively identify and track trends in metrics and deep diving into areas of concern/opportunity
- Communicating results of analysis to senior leaders and business stakeholders; highlighting issues and making recommendations to drive performance improvements.
- Tracking the impact of recommendations accepted and implemented and demonstrating the value generated in the insight provided.
- Oversee the creation, development, production and distribution of standard reports, packs and dashboards for reputation management. Design and production of ad hoc outputs which translate data and insights into a story
- In depth understanding of data governance standards and creation of a robust control environment in which the team can operate. Monitoring, identifying and correcting issues in regular reporting or ad hoc work
- Providing expert guidance and support on how to best exploit reputational insights and data, reporting and self-service aspects of insight tools e.g. how to use the functionality, interpret results and set up / change reports and dashboards
- Liaise with other communities and third party suppliers to help enhance our insight capability and maintain the accuracy and integrity of data sources. Looking to new tools, approaches and data to answer questions beyond what the current toolset alone can do.
- Ensuring the implementation of insight tools meets business requirements for accurately tracking key metrics and KPIs
- Staying abreast of latest developments in corporate communication themes and concepts, sourcing insight and the opportunities these present to Nationwide
- Strong planning and organising skills including prioritisation to produce insightful, relevant and reliable analysis and reports in a deadline orientated work environment to a high quality standard
- Proven insight experience and strong analytical expertise, using relevant tools and methods to source and analyse data from multiple sources
- Proven performance reporting experience, including report design and build
- Experience in creating insight dashboards
- Experience in market or user research, with experience of undertaking primary and secondary research using a range of tools, techniques and methodologies is preferable
- Highly proficient in interpreting data and extrapolating trends. Able to synthesize information from a variety of sources, add insightful commentary and translate data / trends into actionable recommendations to improve performance
- Skills in turning data and insights into a story, leveraging creative techniques to share the story is key
- Proven commercial awareness
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and influencing skills; able to interact with stakeholders at all levels and external suppliers
- Ability to present detailed analysis in a concise manner
- Expert knowledge and skills in using Excel, other relevant business intelligence tools, Word and PowerPoint. Commitment to learning about new insight tools and developments, plus exploring external trends and benchmarks to support the insights and reporting of metrics
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.