- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00868
- Closing Date: 26 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
- Remediation Centre of Excellence
- £30,204 - £43,628
- Permanent & Secondment/Fix term opportunities available
Our purpose is to be there in the moments that matter to our members; moments when events in our members' lives mean that we need to respond with service that is both empathetic and efficient. We already do this most of the time, but sometimes our processes make it hard for our members to get the outcome they need first time which is where the Remediation Centre of Excellence steps in.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll l be responsible for leading, coaching, and inspiring a team of consultants working within a fast paced and challenging environment to deliver fair member outcomes and an excellent end to end member experience in remediation activity. You’ll maintain a wealth of knowledge of policies and procedures and be accountable for the full implementation and execution of required management controls and compliance activities. The role requires you to drive the continual improvement of customer service and case handling within the business area by identifying training/coaching gaps and providing feedback that is evidenced through an employee development scheme.
As our name suggests the Remediation Centre of Excellence is a specialised cross community capability who rapidly assimilate knowledge and build an understanding of emerging issues and incidents in order to effectively manage and plan the required remediation for impacted members.
As a minimum requirement you will have:
- Remediation experience and a strong understanding of regulations within the Financial services industry
- Experience of management in a customer/administrative service environment with the ability to manage capacity, resource and contingency planning
- The ability to review and monitor MI/Data to support effective performance management
- Experience of leading Teams, with the ability to motivate people and inspire them to achieve their full potential
- Coaching and developing the team to ensure they are fully trained and performing at their best
- A high level of attention to detail and adherence to processes and procedures and use of supporting systems
- Excellent communication skills – including presentation, written and verbal, with the ability to challenge and influence stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and a pro-active, collaborative and professional approach
- Experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment with a regulated delivery focus
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in change management evidenced
- Knowledge/experience of FCA, FOS and regulatory activities
- Knowledge of PEGA
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application