Receptionist (12 Months FTC)
Receptionist (12 Months FTC)
- Location(s): Nationwide House (Swindon)
- Salary: Upto £19,647
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00AOR00870
- Closing Date: 27 October 2021
We are looking for a friendly, passionate and energetic receptionist to join the Front of House Property Services team at Nationwide in Swindon.
As a Front of House receptionist you are the first and last person our members see, you set the tone for their visit and you can ensure that everything has gone above and beyond before they leave and deliver a legendary service.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As the face of Nationwide Building Society Head office and a key member within the Property Service Team, you'll be required to deliver consistent, high quality professional support to employees through a single point of contact and for this reason Customer Service experience is key. You'll be resolving day to day facility enquiries, issues and complaints, escalating as appropriate, and resolve with service recovery
- Creating a first great impression by meeting and greeting visitors immediately with a warm and professional welcome
- Championing areas within the Front of House
- Working on a rotational bases with the front of house team on a flexible shift pattern between the hours of 7am – 7pm.
- Data input of details into security system and issue of visitor badges complying with correct security procedures
- Contacting Hosts and making sure best practice are achieved regarding escorting visitors
- Monitoring and reporting any suspicious activity in their area to security discreetly
- Maintaining a professional presence at all times on the reception desk, acting as an ambassador of Nationwide
- A team player sharing the workload and accomplishing tasks together
- Organising, and maintaining the reception area to promote the correct image to visitors and employees
- Maintain and stock reception consumables ensuring an adequate amount is available at all times
- Identify and report system malfunctions to key stakeholders within the service and the building
You’ll be an ambassador for our Property Services team to provide the most effective and efficient resolution to our building challenges that our building users could face
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have previous experience in or with customer experience
- Be excellent at building relationships over the phone and in person
- Be a good listener, sociable and enjoy communicating face to face
- Have excellent organisational skills and have clear communication both written and verbal
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be computer literate and familiar with, Word, and excel
- Take ownership in your role, fostering entrepreneurial spirit and celebrate initiative-taking
- Be a supportive team player and be flexible
- Be a problem solver who loves a bit of a challenge
- Show passion and an accommodating attitude
- Have creative innovative solutions and opportunities to enhance our building user experience
- Be comfortable dealing with confidential data and following Data Protection protocols
- Be confident in managing shared mailboxes
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.