Product Manager (12 Months FTC)
Product Manager (12 Months FTC)
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Upto £47,078
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00AOR00873
- Closing Date: 27 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As a member of the Banking & Savings Strategy, Pricing & Performance team, you will use data to provide insight around our Current Account trading and cashflow performance and help set pricing strategies to achieve our financial and lending objectives. You will be responsible for monitoring what’s happening in the market and producing regular insight to monitor how we’re performing against our plan targets. You will also develop proposals to improve financial and trading performance.
This role is within the Strategy, Performance and Pricing team, using member and market data to monitor trading performance and set pricing strategies for our Current Account products. There may also be opportunities that arise to work on Retail Savings and Unsecured Lending too.
The Banking & Savings team sits within the Proposition and Engagement community, which is responsible for building and maintaining Nationwide’s brand and reputation both internally and externally. We are a dynamic and inclusive team of people who are passionate about delivering our members’ Banking & Savings needs, while balancing this with the financial performance of our products to ensure that Nationwide is built to last and deepens member relationships
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will analyse internal and external reports to provide insight into the performance of our Current Account portfolio.
You will work on your own or as part of a team to understand the key drivers of performance and develop pricing proposals to achieve our financial and lending objectives. Activities include:
- Monitoring the Current Account market and evaluating changes to competitor products and propositions
- Analysing and evaluating Nationwide’s Current Account performance metrics, cashflow and market share, and effectively communicating this to key stakeholders
- Coordinating the production of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Play an instrumental role in setting financial objectives by providing forecasts for trading and cashflow performance based on historical book performance and broader market influences.
- Develop pricing proposals to help achieve financial objectives.
- Proactively manage your own work and potentially the work of others
You will work closely and develop relationships with the Product Development and Product Management teams within Banking & Savings, as well as Finance, Digital and Credit Risk.
- A collaborative leader who is analytical, creative, confident, a good communicator who is truly member focused
- You’ll have a strong understanding of financial service with prior experience in pricing preferred although it’s not essential
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to identify challenges and develop solutions through market and member insight and commercial awareness.
- Numerate and a logical thinker with excellent analytical skills, experienced in analysing and interpreting data
- Possess strong influencing and collaboration skills, building relationships with stakeholders across the Society
- Have the ability to lead people on an indirect basis
- Communicate excellently, both verbally and in writing up to board level
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata.
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.