- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £25,421
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00882
- Closing Date: 28 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Our hugely respected award-winning products and long term value have helped make Nationwide one of the UK’s leading Savings providers. We now need commercially savvy, expert individuals who can support us in achieving our ambitions for this key product area at the very heart of Nationwide.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining the Strategy, Pricing & Performance team within Banking & Savings, specifically looking after savings product pricing, performance and planning. Banking & Savings is at the core of our business with nearly £1 in every £10 saved in the UK being entrusted to Nationwide. We are a dynamic and inclusive team of people who are passionate about meeting our members’ Banking & Savings needs, while balancing this with the financial performance of our products to ensure that Nationwide is built to last and deepens member relationships.
- A numerate and a logical thinker who enjoys creating, gathering, and analysing data to piece together the bigger picture.
- Someone with excellent time management skills, who can respond to a fast-paced market and be able to make recommendations to the business.
- A great communicator who can closely monitor market activity and clearly relay this picture to stakeholders.
- Someone with strong PC skills and good knowledge of Excel
- Use internal and external information to build understanding and insight of product performance and effectively communicate this to key stakeholders.
- Use your commercial, numerical, and analytical skills to identify opportunities to develop product and pricing proposals.
- Carry out analysis to inform decisions that will play a vital role in maintaining the profitability and sustainability of one of the most important areas of the Society.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.