Marketing Engagement Consultant
Marketing Engagement Consultant
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £30,506
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00883
- Closing Date: 01 November 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As a Marketing Engagement Consultant within the Brand Engagement Team, you’ll be focused on our brand and how it’s represented across everything we do. You’ll be involved in making sure our colleagues and partners know how to work with our brand to deliver communications that bring it to life in the right way. And you’ll be working on brand-strategic projects such as our Annual Report & Accounts or Future Legendary Service branch campaigns.
This role is within the wider Engagement team, part of the Proposition and Engagement community, which is responsible for building and maintaining Nationwide’s brand and reputation both internally and externally. We focus on finding the best ways to engage with, communicate with and create brand-enhancing experiences for our members and colleagues. Your role as a Marketing Engagement Consultant will be key in helping Nationwide to truly become a national treasure.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
What’s great about this role is the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of projects including brand guardianship, creative agency management, strategic brand initiatives and retail communications. The team also includes Brand Narrative who are integral to the team with a focus on how we sound, alongside how we look as a Brand.
You’ll be working as part of a team that has accountability for the Nationwide brand principles and delivers communications for key strategic projects, with responsibilities such as:
- Updating and evolving brand guidelines on the Brand Hub; a central repository for all our colleagues and partners.
- Brand training and consultancy for colleagues and creative partners to make sure they are confident in understanding how to judge on-brand communications.
- Working with and supporting our external creative agency partners to help them work with us in the most effective way.
- Creating and delivering communications campaigns for strategic initiatives such as Annual Report and Accounts, AGM or the Future Legendary Service Programme.
- Delivering ad hoc communications for branch-based campaigns, initiatives, and test and learn experiments.
- Leading on other value-based projects to support the purpose and aims of the Brand Engagement team.
We’re looking for someone with excellent planning skills, who’s proactive and passionate about marketing, communications and brand. The kind of experience and skills we’re looking for are:
- Experience in marketing, communications or brand roles, with a good understanding of the principles of marketing.
- An active interest in marketing and/or engagement, with awareness of the latest best practice, engagement trends and developments in one or more marketing and communication disciplines. Financial Services experience is desirable but not essential.
- Highly organised, a strong communicator, excellent influencing skills and a collaborative working style.
- Comfortable building effective working relationships across the Society with stakeholders at all levels, and with external suppliers.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for the creation of great member experiences and a desire to innovate.
- An excellent team player, approaching work with energy and enthusiasm. The environment we work in can be quite changeable, so you’ll need to be resilient, have good problem solving skills and be able see the bigger picture – designing and implementing improvements to what and how we’re delivering.
- Proactive and empowered to make decisions within a framework.
- Remain calm under pressure and able to work across multiple projects and deadlines.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.