- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Circa £88126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00942
- Closing Date: 31 January 2022
We are looking for a Senior Reward Manager in the Executive Remuneration team, responsible for developing and delivering the employee reward and benefits propositions and practices to support the attraction, retention and motivation of our senior leaders, to achieve our organisational strategic goals and cultural ambition. You’ll work in a small team of subject matter experts. You will be responsible for the regulatory submissions in the UK to support the PRA/FCA Level 1 firm requirements such as High Earners, Remuneration Benchmarking, MRT reporting including exclusions, Pillar 3 and DRR.
You’ll support the Remuneration Committee in its core objectives, drafting proposals for their consideration and engaging stakeholders to get these implemented and delivered against.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
You will be a technical specialist with a specific focus in executive remuneration. You’ll be confident in creating papers and proposals for executive and board level committees, collaborating with teams across People and Culture to deliver high quality outputs.
You’ll remain abreast of technical best practice and regulatory changes (UK remuneration codes and EBA guidance) to ensure our reward offering is competitive and compliant.
You’ll contribute to the development and continuous improvement of efficient and intuitive processes with the employee experience at heart, making it easy for our people to understand and engage with reward and benefits.
You’ll demonstrate thought leadership and will horizon scan to ensure propositions and initiatives remain relevant, are in line with the market and align to our strategies and people proposition.
You’ll be a pro at creating packages for new appointments including buyouts. You’ll have a great attention to detail and will be confident in navigating complex pay and bonus models.
Acting as a trusted advisor, providing specialist advice and guidance to relevant stakeholders and building leadership capability and confidence in Reward, you’ll be working collaboratively across the Society to help our senior leaders understand their total reward offering.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
On a typical day, you’ll be providing technical advice on Executive Reward matters to a variety of stakeholders across the organisation. A trusted advisor with the ability to translate complex information simply, in a way that individuals can engage with.
You’ll be planning and drafting papers and presentations for the Remuneration Committee meetings, liaising with a number of stakeholders across the organisation to get this done.
You’ll also be able to lead the preparation of the Directors’ Report on Remuneration and other critical regulatory reports using your technical expertise to achieve this.
- Significant experience of executive remuneration preferably in Financial Services
- An ability to write and speak clearly and effectively with experience of developing formal presentations/papers
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to manage and own multiple competing priorities and deliverables
- Commercially curious, with finger on the pulse of the latest best practice and reward trends, with the ability to utilise market insight to shape propositions and employee experience
- A creative mindset and passion to innovate with evidence of continuous review and improvement
- Confident at engaging the most senior stakeholders, supported by strong negotiation and influencing capabilities
- Highly experienced at understanding, analysing and interpreting complex data and insight to inform strategy, recommendations and decision making
- An excellent communicator, able to understand and articulate messages impactfully, in a way that is appropriate to the context and impactful with the ability to adapt your style to suit the audience
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday, pro rata
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
- Individual healthcare cover
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.