- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR00986
- Closing Date: 09 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be a senior lawyer in the Retail Legal team leading our partnership with the Current Account business area, providing support and advice on all the legal issues, risks and developments on matters, projects and initiatives associated with current accounts.
You’ll use your expertise to help draft legal documentation such as terms and conditions, advise on the compliance of customer journeys, customer facing materials and communications in different distribution channels with payments and consumer law and regulation. You’ll also play a key strategic role and support the development of new products, propositions and services.
You’ll keep an eye on what’s on the horizon by monitoring any changes in legislation, regulation and the wider market. Using that knowledge and insight, you’ll help shape our processes, products and ensure our policies, procedures and literature evolve in line with changing requirements. You’ll anticipate where future legal problems and issues are most likely to arise and devise effective controls to mitigate them.
You’ll be leading on one of our most important products and have a real influence in how our products and services are shaped for members, right at the heart of Nationwide and our strategy.
As a minimum you’ll need to:
- Be an England & Wales qualified solicitor or barrister with excellent academic and private practice credentials and/or in-house experience, gained within the financial services sector.
- Have expertise in the law applying to retail financial services, e.g. the Consumer Rights Act, Payment Services Regulations and general contractual law, and experience of advising on retail financial services products, ideally current accounts.
- Have a good understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks for financial services.
- Be someone who can inspire and motivate the people who work with you.
- Be able to build relationships across the business and become a trusted advisor, providing expert, commercially pragmatic, timely, succinct and cost-effective legal advice.
- Be able to consider matters from different perspectives, thinking beyond a narrow legal analysis and about whether something is right and fair for Nationwide’s members.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday, pro rata
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
- Individual healthcare cover
- Anything else specific to the role
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.