IT Audit Senior
IT Audit Senior
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Up to £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR01027
- Closing Date: 10 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly Community. As an IT Applications Audit Senior within the Resilience and Agility portfolio, you’ll be identifying technology risks, testing controls and building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across all seniority levels.
If you have good analytical and problem-solving skills, have the influencing skills to make improvements happen and a proven ability to deliver challenging pieces of work in tight timescales, why not come and join our Internal Audit team.
Why Internal Audit?
Internal Audit (IA) are a 100+ strong community with diversified backgrounds, from Financial Crime and Compliance to IT and Retail. We use our expertise, critical thinking and experience to complete internal audits across the whole Society. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
Nationwide is committed to the redeployment of our employees impacted by change, as such applications for redeployment candidates will be prioritised in this recruitment process.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working as an integral part of a Resilience and Agility team to deliver technology related audits to a high standard. You will use your communication and influencing skills to present your observations and findings to other audit team members and audit management to agree the actions required. You will use agile auditing techniques to support efficient delivery of audits, maximise the value of audit work and build effective relationships with stakeholders. Your analytical skills will also be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to Internal Audit’s senior leadership team.
You will apply your technology audit knowledge to work effectively with colleagues in order to deliver high quality, impactful audit reports. Working together with business auditors, you will identify and test the key IT Application Controls which underpin the business process in question, under the direction and mentorship of the IT Application Controls Audit Manager. As such, this is a great opportunity to develop both IT and business process specific experience.
The successful candidate should have an IT Applications audit background or be currently working in the first or second line risk and controls function covering technology applications, looking for a change of perspective in their role. Either way you will have a key role in supporting the integrated audits together with the business audit teams and help deliver a sufficient coverage of technology controls within the applications portfolio.
As a minimum requirement, you will have:
- Significant technology audit or risk and controls work experience.
- Good understanding of technology controls that provide assurance over Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of business applications and associated data.
- Be a great team player and work effectively on your own or with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with audit methodology.
- An ability to identify and assess the input, processing and output risks and controls (both manual and automated) for a given business process.
- Experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work.
- Previous experience of documenting and evaluating the information flow within a business process.
- Good communication and influencing skills at various levels including the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Good analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills.
It would be desirable to also have:
- Financial Services experience
- Data analytics and data mining experience
- Technology audit relevant certification (e.g. CISA, CISSP or equivalent), or working towards one
- Accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA), or working towards one
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.