- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Base salary £27,484
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR01029
- Closing Date: 09 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible and part-time working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
We are looking for a number of Mortgage Advisers to deliver an excellent member experience by identifying and delivering solutions to meet members’ and prospective members’ needs for mortgages and associated products
Salary: £27,484 - £30,500 - dependent on experience
Required hours are Monday - Friday 08:00 - 19:00, Saturday 08:00 - 18:00
Operating principles are 4 x 19:00 finishes and 1 x Saturday shift every 2 weeks
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Our prime communication channel will be video to member with telephony as a backup where video is not an option for a member, “In person” appointments will be the exception.
You’ll be guiding members through our range of award winning products and spotting opportunities to make a real difference.
Creating informative but relaxed conversations are essential for this job. This will enable you to match each member with the correct and most suitable product.
Being a team player, you’ll be keen to share your knowledge with colleagues and members alike. However, you’ll be equally as keen to make the most of your own talents.
With employee development in mind, a Mortgage Advice Manager will coach and support you to ensure you’re able to build a successful career and take advantage of the extensive rewards on offer.
You will adhere to a principle based target operating model ensuring you are there for our members whilst also having the flexibility to balance work and home.
You'll be working independently and as part of a team.
Our members are important to us and we want to make sure they feel valued and at ease; whether they are first time buyers or current mortgage holders looking for further advice.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Be fully CeMAP qualified (CeMAP 1, 2 and 3)
• Be able to evidence good time management skills
• Have excellent rapport building skills
• Have proven Member sales / service experience
Would be nice to have:
• Experience working within the mortgage industry.
We are looking for:
• An excellent communicator with the ability to make a potentially complex process simple and easy to understand, allowing our customers to make well informed decisions.
• Self-motivated and goal driven with a desire to achieve and exceed.
• Can take full accountability for your own diary management and maximise the balance between member facing time and non-member facing time
• Adaptable with a flexible approach
• Resilient and able to use your own initiative in order find solutions to problems
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
• Your values, and what makes you who you are
• How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.