Senior Risk Analyst - Advanced Analytics
Senior Risk Analyst - Advanced Analytics
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Up to £42,500
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR01145
- Closing Date: 06 February 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
This role will require you to work from our Swindon office for a minimum of one day per week.
A fantastic opportunity has become available as a Senior Risk Analyst in our thriving Retail Modelling team – winners of the “Credit Modelling & Risk Team of the Year” at the 2020 Credit Strategy Awards, finalists for “Credit Modelling & Risk Team of the Year” in the 2021 Credit Strategy Awards.
As a Senior Analyst, with the support of a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for leading projects relating to the ongoing development, maintenance and monitoring of Risk decision models / advanced analytical tools across multiple cycles (Application, Behavioural and Collections/Recoveries), Economic Crime and Affordability for all our Retail lending portfolios. Hands-on advanced analytic / data science experience and understanding will be essential, as the role will involve developing and executing innovative solutions to complex business problems.
Capability to translate complex issues into a more palatable form for a less technical audience will also be critical to ensure productive relationships with key stakeholders. Furthermore, a strong understanding of a model development process will be required to ensure accurate project plans and delivery of projects to time. As well as traditional model development techniques, including regression modelling, use of cutting-edge Machine Learning techniques will also feature within model development and maintenance.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, documenting and delivering advanced analytic tools and models across both Secured and Unsecured products or within Fraud or AML, employing relevant statistical techniques
- Delivering high quality advanced analytics tools/models that adhere to current modelling standards and validation governance.
- Providing expert opinion on the use of these tools/models
- Training, coaching and mentoring less experienced team members in the application and best practise of data science
- Effectively planning and prioritising activities, engaging key risk stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to safely implement new models.
- Pro-actively engaging and communicating with the wider business on model developments and how they will impact business decisions.
- Communicating model performance to risk committees and senior management.
The role will involve engagement with the Systems, Product Risk, Economic Crime, Collections, Recoveries, Retail IRB Modelling & Model Validation teams to ensure that that requirements are understood, met and implementable. You will also be responsible for presenting your projects and insights to the relevant modelling fora and business committees.
You’ll need to have all the following:
- Have experience in delivering data science/advanced analytics tools using coding in SAS/Python/R or similar
- Have a PhD, MSc or strong quantitative degree from a Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related subject
- Be a highly motivated, creative and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different activities at once
- Have an understanding of Retail lending products or related processes such as Economic Crime
- Have a track record of providing innovative and creative advanced analytical/modelling to address complex business problems
- Have strong communication and influencing skills, able to quickly build and maintain good working relationship with a range of diverse stakeholders
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.