Risk Manager - Advanced Analytics
Risk Manager - Advanced Analytics
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Circa £50,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR01146
- Closing Date: 07 February 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
This role will require you to work from our Swindon office for a minimum of one day per week.
A fantastic opportunity has become available as a Risk Manager in our thriving Retail Modelling team – winners of the “Credit Modelling & Risk Team of the Year” at the 2020 Credit Strategy Awards, finalists for “Credit Modelling & Risk Team of the Year” in the 2021 Credit Strategy Awards.
As a Risk Manager, with the support of a Risk Manager Lead, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of cutting-edge advanced analytical Risk decision tools that optimise decisions across our Retail Lending portfolios (Application, Behavioural and Collections/Recoveries) and Economic Crime. Experience of “hands-on” model delivery of advanced analytical developments will be essential, as elements of the role will involve developing innovative solutions to complex business problems. Capability to translate complex issues into a more palatable form for a less technical audience will also be critical to ensure productive relationships with key stakeholders. Furthermore, a strong understanding of the model development process will be required to ensure accurate project plans and delivery of projects to time.
People leadership experience is essential for you to motivate and enable your team and support the wider team to deliver high quality advanced analytics tools and models. The role involves owning and leading key projects that are responsible for delivering advanced analytical decision tools that will enable the business to make better decisions for our members.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the roll-out of training and development of advanced analytics across the Decision Modelling team
- Developing, documenting and delivering advanced analytic tools and models, employing relevant statistical techniques across Credit Risk, Economic Crime and Collections & Recoveries
- Providing expert opinion on the use of these advanced analytic tools and models
- Effectively plan and prioritise activities, engaging key risk stakeholders
- Pro-actively engaging and communicating with the wider business on advanced analytic/model developments and how they will impact business decisions.
- Presenting model performance to risk committees and senior management.
The role will involve engagement with the Systems, Product Risk, Economic Crime, Collections, Recoveries, Retail IRB Modelling & Model Validation teams to ensure that requirements are understood, met and implementable. You will also be responsible for presenting your projects and insights to the relevant modelling fora and business committees.
You’ll need to:
- Have strong experience delivering data science/advanced analytics tools using coding in SAS/Python/R or similar
- Have a PhD, MSc or strong quantitative degree ideally from a Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related subject
- Have good knowledge of different advanced techniques, such as Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks, unsupervised learning methodologies etc., including of their merits and limitations
- Have a track record of delivering innovative and creative advanced analytical/modelling solutions to address complex business problems
- Have hands-on experience of motivating and mentoring a team of advanced analytical analysts
- Have good knowledge of Economic Crime and Credit Risk models
- Have a proven track record of senior stakeholder management, with high quality communication and influencing skills
- Be an effective planner, prioritising activities to meet deadlines
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.