- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Circa £21,500
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR01363
- Closing Date: 25 May 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We're not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies. We’re not really even like other call centre environments either. We’re a building society. So we’re building our ‘society’ with a sense of community and with a collective belief in the idea that we’re all here to help each other. That's what we’re all about and that’s what makes us different.
Due to COVID, we are currently operating 08:00-18:00 Monday to Friday on inbound and 08:30-16:00 on Saturday providing adequate resource to support our Members. Full and part time applications welcome. Your shifts will start between 08.00 and 10.00. You will work every other Saturday 08.30-16.00 and when this is the case you will get a day off during the week.
BAU hours are 8am-8pm. During an early week your shifts will start between 08:00 and 09:00, with a day off during that week, working 08:30- 16:00 on the Saturday. During a late week, you will work Monday to Friday, with your shifts starting at 10:00. All schedules are published at least 4 weeks in advance, allowing you to plan in advance. You will work on an alternate early/late week shift pattern.
*For any Flexible Working/ Part Time Requests, we require the following:*
- A minimum of working every other Saturday
- A blend of 50% late shifts (working until 6pm) over a 2-week period
- A requirement to work up until 8pm should our operating hours change
- A requirement to work full time for the first 6 weeks for training
You will be based remotely, or from any Nationwide office location as your day permits.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Handling inbound mortgage queries, you’ll play a pivotal role in preparing our members for mortgage advice. Through training and on the job development we’ll equip you with an in-depth knowledge of our award-winning product range to be able to talk to customers with confidence. But, you’ll do more than just communicate; you’ll provide different options for members to choose from depending on the members circumstances and needs, using your acquired knowledge of the Mortgage function, and the wider business, and using it to make pinpoint their exact needs and flag up products and services to make accurate recommendations for each individual case. The focus will be to deliver a service that’s professional, secure and in line with our operational procedures, you’ll keep the customer experience at the front of your mind.
If you've got a customer service background, if you’re a confident communicator and looking to take on a new challenge in an established business, there’s really no better place for you. As a Mortgage Representative at Nationwide, you’ll be making our members’ lives easier and helping them to make the big decisions for their future by being the first point of contact for our member’s in their Mortgage application journey.
As a minimum requirement:
• Have experience in a customer service environment
• Be able communicate confidently and clearly
• Have great attention to detail
• Be able to use a PC and navigate different systems whilst speaking to customers
• Be enthusiastic and work with team members to be part of building a solid relationship with our members
It would be nice if you had:
• Experience in the financial services
• Plenty of enthusiasm about working as part of a team
• An understanding of our mortgage products and services however, we will give you full training to develop your knowledge to the highest standard.
The extras you’ll get
When you put a lot in, we think it's only fair that you should get a lot out. There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.