Reward Specialist (12 months FTC)
Reward Specialist (12 months FTC)
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £42,370
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00AOR01536
- Closing Date: 25 May 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are looking for a Rewards Specialist in Executive Remuneration. Responsible for planning and delivering reward/benefit propositions and practices to support the attraction, retention and motivation of Nationwide’s senior leaders to achieve its strategic goals and cultural ambition. You will support the delivery of all aspects of the Executive Remuneration plan. Recognised as a subject matter expert and delivery lead, you will be a subject matter expert in Executive Remuneration who provides advice and makes decisions with confidence and at pace.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will plan and manage effective and timely delivery of the Executive Remuneration plan. Contributing to the design and implementation of market leading propositions including development of engaging communications to drive engagement and understanding of remuneration at Nationwide. Working on (and where appropriate leading on) key projects as well as interpreting complex regulatory requirements, providing consultancy advice to stakeholders in People & Culture, Legal, Compliance and other areas on all aspects of Executive Remuneration.
Acting as a trusted advisor, you will provide specialist advice and guidance, and be seen as a ‘go to’ person who will provide support and challenge to deliver sustainable and compliant solutions. You will also carry out research, analysis and data modelling to provide insight and options that will inform current practice and future strategy. Challenging the status quo and own assumptions to drive continuous improvement and enhancement of practices with the employee experience at heart.
Delivery of effective and proportionate compliance and regulatory requirements where applicable, including MRT assessments and performance progress, as well as the planning and production of papers delivering management information to NLT, Remuneration Committee, Board and regulatory reporting as appropriate.
- A proven track record of planning and delivering market leading executive reward propositions, frameworks and practices
- Highly experienced at analysing and interpreting data and insight to inform strategy, recommendations and decision making
- Sound business and commercial acumen, including some experience in developing business cases
- Technical knowledge of current and evolving regulation impacting reward practices, governance and policies
- A creative mindset and passion to innovate with evidence of continuous review and improvement
- Commercially curious, up to date with latest best practice and reward trends
- Active approach to continual professional development and self-learning to stay abreast of changes in the industry
- Confident at engaging internal and external stakeholders and builds trusted relationships, supported by good negotiation and influencing capabilities.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate messages impactfully in a way that is appropriate to the context with the ability to adapt your style to suit the audience
- Exceptional written communication with some experience of developing formal presentations/papers
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to manage and own multiple competing priorities and deliverables
- Understanding of working within financial services or other highly regulated environments
- Likely to have a degree or similar qualification in relevant field(s)
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re different from other financial service providers. We’re a building society, owned by our members. And for over 130 years, we’ve supported those members to make the most of their money and achieve what they want from life.
That’s reflected in the way we work here at Nationwide. We come together to make sure we’re doing things in the best way possible, both for each other and for our members. If you join us, you’ll be part of that. You’ll be able to help us build something really quite special. And you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference.
On top of that, we always want you to be yourself. To use your skills and experience to make our Society stronger. To feel valued for who you are, not just what you do. Because here at Nationwide, we understand that we can do more together than we ever could alone.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.